What's this telling me?

Well, I know what THIS telling me, but how would I use this to my advantage? I know they are just surface temps and don't indicate variation of temperature at depth, but if I had a choice to launch out of the Oak or Olcott, would I choose Olcott because of the variation in temperatures or go to the Oak where there looks to be more stable water temps?

It's telling you that west of the 78'30 line it's awful cloudy and that the satellite beam can't penetrate the clouds well enough to give you a good indication of what the surface temps are.

Tom B.

(LontgLine)

Orange - Go to this site.

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glc ... pe=N&hr=00

Click on the various hour boxes then play back with you browser and you can see what the surface has been doing. (note; scroll down to see what's happening on the bottom.) Also go to the "forecast" pulldown menu and find Lake Ontario. Do the same thing there with surface temps. You can also go to the 'nowcast" pulldown, find lake ontario & play with the surface transects. Put them all together in your mind and you'll get a pretty good indication of what's going on out there. (Note the transects start in about a 100FOW or so)

Tom B.

(LongLine)