Fuel treatment

Second Nature

Im running a 150 two stoke on my boat and have heard a lot of different opinions on ethanol fuel treatment. Some say it just alcohol and that alcohol just attracts moisture and damages rubber parts like gaskets and fuel lines. Others say they put it in on every fill up. I've been using k100 marine grade about every other fill up just incase it actually does what it says it does. I've heard many great reviews of the product. Any opinions out there on this matter? Help or hinder?

Problem preventative. Used every fill-up since 2006. K 100, Stabil, SeaFoam have been tried. Haven't noticed a difference with any brand. Let price be the deciding factor. Never had a motor problem in my 150 Honda 4 stroke. Wouldn't add gas without something.

Mr. Supon, does K 100 have a shelf life? If I were to buy a case, I wonder if it goes bad. I use Yamaha products now at $38.00 per quart & I don,t think it does anything for gas seperation. Does anyone wonder why the oil co.s just don't add this stuff to their gas! I suppose it would cost us big $$$!

Always, always, get your fuel at the marina. Not the local convenience store, rez, etc. The fuel at the marina is formulated without ethanol, which is what is eating gaskets, causing detonation, etc. It also has a lead content, yes lead, which greatly helps to lubricate valves. The additives you are buying for your store bought gas will not remove the ethanol (it is 10-15% of each gallon), so don't waste your money. The additives simply help to provide a barrier between the ethanol and those parts that can be harmed.

Just get your fuel at the local marina. Your boat motor will thank you. Add sta-bil in the fall, you will be trouble free for years to come.

Try it in your weed wackers, chain saws, lawnmowers, and anything else with a small engine. You will be amazed at how much better they run.

And no, I don't own the gas dock at the marina...... :rofl:

FWIW, I fish almost every single weekend(missed 1 this year) from March, 'till October, with a 2-stroker on my Walleye boat, and an I/O in my Starcraft.

I have NEVER, purchased 1 oz. of gas from a marina pump, and only had 1 issue(prior to the use of Startron) with the carb on the I/O. Plugged jets, from the ethanol.

Cleaned it, and it has been fine since.

I have religiously used Startron in all my outdoor power equipment, for some time now, and all run fine when they are put in service.

One thing I have noticed is that how quick they start, with the additive.