Sandy 8/19/12 - 34lb. 6 oz. lake trout

What an awesome day you would be hard fast to wipe the smiles off our faces. Chicken or not hauling a trophy like that over the rail is huge for the whole crew everyone knows it takes the whole crew to pull it together when it counts. Damn proud to be a part of the SS Chicken Coup crew, good times just damn good tim... And the beast will look good on the wall too!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It has been one heck of a season on the Escape (aka Chicken Coupe). I think our success is due to a good TEAM effort on the boat and a TON of LUCK. I am luck enough to fish with some mighty fine fishermen out of our little network of guys here at Sandy. It looks like Kurt is going to do a replica mount of this fish and I'm going to get a skin mount done to add to my collection. That fish is definitly a fish of a lifetime. I think it was Capt Vince that said Lake Ontario never stops amazing me. I feel the same way. We are all lucky to have this WORLD CLASS FISHERY right in our back yard! There is a ton of trophy fish out there. Go get them guys!

Brian way to go. that is one to remember.That is one old fish. Congratulations.

By the way did you pull that from under Jerry's house? LOL

Lou,

We were a little further East of his house but I guarantee he could hear the hooting and hollering when that beast hit the floor.

Larry,

I'm going to contact the DEC today and see what I have to do to get this fish aged.

What a great fish of a lifetime - congrats!

Brian - the DEC can age lake trout by scales (highly unreliable especially with older fish) but I know they can also look at bone structures (possibly called otoliths) in their inner ears which I think can grow like rings on a tree. The only way they could do this would be to cut into the fish and I don't think you're going to want that until the Derby is over...lol.

Great job on your fish bud,

- Chris