Seneca 08/19/12

Reel Hooked Up boat and the Reel Stories boat pounded them today on Seneca. Capt Nick gave me some info on a hot spot so we made the long run to the North end of the lake this morning. It was non stop on Lakers and Bows all am and within two hours we were boxed out. They had no problem with my one Bow limit so one hit the ice the rest went back. All of the big lakers went back also with no problems. All were a Big Weenie bite today including Seneca Ghost, Reel Hooked Up Fly, Iron Duke and a new blue fly from Big Weenie all took fish in the 80 to 130 range. One of those days when you would put a rigger down and it would go when you took your hand off it. Bows and Salmon took spoons off the high dipsy's and off core and copper. I dont think a minute went by where Nick's boat or mine didn't have a fish on. Its amazing what you can do when the weeds and fleas aren't killing you. Best speed was 2.2 at the ball and 130 fow was loaded with bait and fish. Sean

2012-08-19_12-22-07_480.jpg

Fishing has been hot all week-end - Friday as the front came thru it trigger a good bite - Saturday morning was even better - stay at the south end - pounded fish between the 2 salt mines Friday evening and Saturday morning.

photo.jpg

2012_08_18_10_49_14_101.jpg

Peach Orchard Point is aprox 10 miles N of Watkins Glen on the E side. It is a big point with several year around houses. The next big point is Lodi, going N, and the area between them is usually pretty good fishing this time of year. Quite a lot of structure on the bottom in that area so you need to keep an eye on the sonar...goes up and down.

cheers,

Andrew

Nice going guys , I'm getting back out today. I hope I got the big motor teaked so she will idle right coming back in........hate coming in HOT in case it stalls :@ .......... I'll be looking for the browns first then think I see if I can find some landlocks I've been real bad at getting into them this year.....boy if I keep typing on here I'll never get out there......... :lol:

be nice if peaple would quit talking about peach orchard ... i remember the day when mouths didnt say so much and some secrets were kept ..not now adays lets all get on the computer and tell the world .. i alsp rember the day when we had to lern how to fish some and were each time of year now we just ask and recieve ...what ever happened to learning we all want instant gratification anymore dan :@:@:no: g

My Dutch party (mom and dad and 2 teenage boys) had a great time and we hammered the fish pretty good...did not even make it to Peach Orchard...too busy off Salt Pt. and 2 miles N. Both sides of the lake were good over 250-300 fow and all fish were pretty deep, 70-120. Mostly spoon bite off riggers and a few fish off dipseys out 275 feet of wire. 6 Salmon and 3 Lakers in the boat, several lost fish as my folks did not have any experience reeling fish in. One nice salmon at 6 # and one laker about 5#. Some dinks and several fish in the 3# range. Nice day on the water and everybody was happy. Lots of fish off the canal and tons of bait.

I was way north of peach orchard but hey I could still see it kinda like the nuke plant on lake ontario everyone fished s there........ it was weedy for me but found some open water , one SMB at 5# just shy of 20" 3 browns to the boat three small lakers and a 19" bow. boxed the bow and a 5# brown and a 4# brown lost a good brown on its 3 jump gave him some slack and he took it........two realses with noone home and one tangled two lines and I lost both spoons....... have to give Bfuller a yell that one spoon I got off him has hooked up with every thing including two HUGE SMB...... :yes: ..... Nick if ya need a heads up give me a call or stay south I'm still looking for the salmon up here.... :P

My Dutch party (mom and dad and 2 teenage boys) had a great time and we hammered the fish pretty good...

I just got back (Maastricht, Amsterdam, etc...) a few days ago. What brought them to our neck of the woods?

The folks from Holland come to the good ole US of A every summer for a vacation. They were in CA last year, and like upstate NY better...go figure.

I told them to try it around here in January and see if they still like it. Very nice people, and questioned me a bit about my politics. I wisely kept my ultra conservative mouth shut as best I could, but it is getting harder and harder, as I am more and more concerned with the overall.