Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAIL

====================

Cant seem to get any bites lately, tried different depths from port to 140 fow,today there seemed to be a lot of guys fishing in 50-60 fow. Whats going on? We left around 5:30 pm and got back around 930pm when it was dark. Saw some fish on the fishfinder but not too many, there seemed to be more closer to port

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

The fish are stacking up in the mouth, that's why you see all the boats in tight fishing ontop of each other. Add in the fact that it's now the final week of the Great Salmon hunt and you've got one crowded shoreline. Try the 100ft mark and closer we had some luck in there over the weekend.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

Pull the boat, repair all of our broken equipment thats been neglected all season and pray for a short winter. I can't really remember life without racing to the boat pre and post work so I guess it will take some getting use to. Then again there's always trout?

Had a great summer fishing 100-200ft of water and caught some great fish,but have never fished when they"stack" at the mouth. Do I still use my down riggers and put them down 30' in 50' ft of water? Do I still use my favorite doger and fly? Or switch to spoons? Fished today but fished in 100' to 140' ft of water caught some nice bows but got some mature kings on the weekend and I'm hooked!! Any help would be great.

Same rules apply. In shallower water try running your riggers with longer leads from the cannon ball depending on how shy the fish are being that day, tonight I was 60 - 100 back earlier in the week they were hitting right in the prop wash. Flashers/SD's and paddles are still good choices with flys and or spoons. Stick to brighter colors in the fall as well as glow and don't shy away from running plugs or stick baits the kings love anything that rattles! J plugs and flat fish also shine this time of year so don't be afraid to experiment. The fish are still feeding prior to heading to familiar spawning grounds but don't be over concerned with locating bait in order to find fish. Found fish all weak schooling up and the majority of the hooks we found and hit were absent from bait. This is an exciting time to get at em as the majority of the fish are matures and the odds are in your favor to hook the big one, but hit em while it lasts !

Good Luck !

Spoke to a friend of mine about trolling, he said that during the day/evening when he goes out he catches fish one in four times. He said that almost every time when he goes out in the morning he comes back with a fish. As soon as i comeback from vacation on saturday i will be in Port Credit at 5 am :)

We fished off Port Hope on Fri evening & Sat, in 60-70 fow, running 5 ft. off bottom, with short leads(4-6 ft behind the ball), & boated over 20, topped by a 32.30 lb. These fish were very active, streaking through the riggers. To begin, I was running 10-15 ft. behind the ball, with little success. Shortened up to 6 ft., & that was key. Hope this helps

What color of spoons did you use? Do you use spin doctors? Just came back from le baron, bought 10 new spoons and a herring holder + some herrings :)

Please be patient :) i just bought my boat two months ago :) i had a 33 foot C&C sailboat for 10 years and this is my first month trolling

I got skunked too.

Sat the 25th 10:30am to 5:30, and caught nothing. I'm sure its my setup.

Left the Dipsy Diver home and tried a bottom bouncer setup that worked in the Kawarthas.

I was too shallow, I should be at 200 feet and line down to 40 to 25 ft, but trolled in the 50 to 70 feet and my spoon was in the 20 feet area. Nothing but a sunburn.

But it was alot of fun.

dipsy divers if you dont have downriggers. 40 ft in 150 ft of water. head straight out of port credit and when u hit 120 to 150 ft send out the tackle. large circles back to the river. no flashers just large spoons but big leads from the dipsy divers 4 to 6 ft. thats what i will be doing friday. all my research sugest that would be best. good luck. keep me posted. oh and 1.5 to 3 miles per hour. good luck and send me some pictures ok.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

went out yesterday at port credit, didn't catch a thing!!! not even a single bite...i wondered if there was something wrong as AGAIN i was the only person trolling, there was a bunch of people sitting at both sides at the mouth.....

went out today at Bronte, and caught this.... :)

DSCF1095.jpg

i spoke to some other guys that came in at the same time as we did, one of them caught 7, the other one 4.....

i also found out that 2mph is too slow for pulling spoons, and that i should run downriggers above above fish...

The picture at photobucket.com is right side up, i don;t know why its showing up like that...

Sept 1-12 Started at sun up in tight 35 to 40 ft. Ran plugs, spoons, dodger & fly combos and cut baits but no takers. Run out to 100 ft same thing. Fished til 12:30 and witnessed only 1 taken in 30 ft. My son Nikko says its the full moon and the fish feed all night. He may be right, the fish started coming of the bottom and chasing baits around the time we left.

Reef-Runner

• 2 weeks later...