Snubbers or not?

I had the same question here about a month ago. I was not running snubbers but using mono. I switched to power pro 50 lb and was having trouble keeping fish on. I was just working them too hard. I put DW snubbers on and loosened the drag immediately after the hit and had very good luck landing fish after that. These guys helped me out big time with that advice. Now that I'm getting used to the PP braid I could probably do away with the snubbers.

Do not use snubbers here. I can see the need in the spring when the mouths are soft but this time of year I want to bury the hook. The jaws are getting realy hard right now. As stated above loosen the drag so that it just stops creaping. Maybe a creap once in a while.

I guess it all depends on your leader material. I have used fluorocarbon leaders and have had very good success with using DW snubbers with both my Power Pro and wire dipsies. It cost a little more to set up using a snubber but I haven't lost that many fish to change to mono for leader material. As Richard stated keep the drag loose with an occasional creep and you'll be fine no matter what you decide to use.

Jay