Fall/Winter prediction

Gill-T

Well friends have been asking me for my official "squirrel forecast" for the year. You see I have black walnut trees in my yard, and when the squirrel activity is high......bad winter. Who needs a farmer's almanac right? I was down at Barcelona Sunday and notice lots of early Monarch butterflies flying south over the lake (sign 1). Noticed Kings are really dark this year (sign 2). My squirrels have not been very active despite good nut crop. Sooooooo, my educated guess would be an early start to the fall cool season, but a mild winter. Hope we get some rain for the streams soon.

Well friends have been asking me for my official "squirrel forecast" for the year. You see I have black walnut trees in my yard, and when the squirrel activity is high......bad winter. Who needs a farmer's almanac right? I was down at Barcelona Sunday and notice lots of early Monarch butterflies flying south over the lake (sign 1). Noticed Kings are really dark this year (sign 2). My squirrels have not been very active despite good nut crop. Sooooooo, my educated guess would be an early start to the fall cool season, but a mild winter. Hope we get some rain for the streams soon.
Rain would be good...I sure hope the water temps drop faster than they did last fall, for a good musky season. 8) As long as the water gets cold, the nasty weather could hold off until after Dec. 15 th ?

I hope you are wrong about the warm winter for 1 reason. I need to ice fish after the garbage season last year!

Ya, your taxidermy bill needs a 12 lb walleye you could stick in the mouth of that GIANT chicken from Sun. :lol::lol::lol: Quinte is calling us for at least 3 days this year.

my back hair is comming in thicker

I did not think Berber can come any thicker?

Oh ya, one more prediction ........The Buffalo Bills will make the playoffs this year. :clap::clap:

my back hair is comming in thicker

I did not think Berber can come any thicker?

Oh ya, one more prediction ........The Buffalo Bills will make the playoffs this year. :clap::clap:

If your winter prediction is like the ugly prediction above, we are in for the worst winter in history!

Ray, your back dont count.... :D

I see the opposite. Lake is too warm and will take a while to cool down. I see lots of snow by christmas. Hopefully, the cold weather will firm up and staey (ice fishing) or stay around freezing (ahh, I remember my bay of quinte January trips)....Either way I am good with it.

Brian check your freezer and make sure that Laker is still there. :o:o

It is at a secret location under lock and key! There is no way my wife would let me put a chicken in the freezer whole!

I have 2 kings 23lber and 28er from the summer trolls in mine whole.. ;)