Hot Lure: Wonderbread SD/ UV blue Atom

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 100-125

Lure Depth: 75 down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We got our spread out at about 630 after messing with some electronics for a while- one rigger on the bottom w. cheater, one rigger at 85 w. cheater, Wires out 250 and 175. Right after we set our spreads up we had one following us on the Lowrance, so I screwed with speed and the low rigger went off with no one home. Shortly after the deep one fired again and somehow ran into our other downrigger line which ended up shaking off. After setting back down I noticed many of the fish were staying low so I put the 175 wire out to 225 when after 5 seconds of doing that it went ripping w. a 25# king on the other end. As we were netting that guy the 85 foot rigger went off with a 10# coho. We got everything situated and were dropping the wire back out when the wonderbread SD went ripping again, except the fish was missed as there was no real tension on the line due to dropping it down. Overall a pretty hot night for only actually fishing an hour or so. Both fish went back to swim another day.

On a side note when I release fish I end up holding them overboard to get some oxygen back in them but it normally takes a few minutes and its annoying. I have seen friends use boga grips to do this. I made a little lip grip out of a spring clamp used for small hobbies and it works wonders. It holds the fish enough to keep it on during trolling speeds, but loose enough where a good head shake will release it. I have used it on 5 fish now with no problems- a little "rigged" but it does the same job as a boga but a little cheaper ;)

It is the smallest of these clamps with rubber contacts

8_20_sandy.jpg

clamp.jpg