what happen to post

The moderators occasionally drink too much cough syrup and start randomly deleting things. I tried ranting about it - but those kept disappearing too. They're mostly cool...

I don't know where you get off making a statement like that. If you bothered to read the rules of this site you'd find there are restrictions on what is allowed. It is the job of the Moderators to keep this ship on an even keel & DELETE any posts that do not adhere to the RULES that were supposed to be read when you joined the site. We try to give some leeway where we can but sometimes the rules are blatantly broken, THUS the reason for the deletes. We do not RANDOMLY delete things as you so facetiously stated nor do we drink too much cough syrup as you so ignorantly posted. If you feel the need to question a topic or post that has been edited or deleted, feel free to ASK a Mod or the Admin. via PM. In the interm,

Be Kind • Be Courteous • Be Respectful

I hope it wasnt something i had wrote to get it deleted and if it was then i apologize, but this is one topic that should get discused on here, this sight helps alot of people catch fish and it also should teach alot of people how to troll in big crowds, to keep this PG we have to come to one understanding of who we are fishing next to and realize that it is as important to them as is to us to be out there, niether has more at stake than the other, charters are out there charging good money from people and those people expect to catch fish and so the captain feels that pressure to deliver and lets be honest thats presure, now on the other hand the weekend warrior or just the fisherman, hes spent alot of money that probably could have been better spent on his family but somehow convinced his wife that his sanity is more important, so every time he goes out he feels the pressure to show his wife it was worth it and that my friends is pressure but either way both people have alot at stake and should acknowledge the other, now the one thing that everyone should remember is there is alot of line behind each boat and make sure to give wide birth when cutting behind a boat, knowing that should keep you out of some troubles out there, good luck, thats my 2 cents

The moderators occasionally drink too much cough syrup and start randomly deleting things. I tried ranting about it - but those kept disappearing too. They're mostly cool...

I don't know where you get off making a statement like that. If you bothered to read the rules of this site you'd find there are restrictions on what is allowed. It is the job of the Moderators to keep this ship on an even keel & DELETE any posts that do not adhere to the RULES that were supposed to be read when you joined the site. We try to give some leeway where we can but sometimes the rules are blatantly broken, THUS the reason for the deletes. We do not RANDOMLY delete things as you so facetiously stated nor do we drink too much cough syrup as you so ignorantly posted. If you feel the need to question a topic or post that has been edited or deleted, feel free to ASK a Mod or the Admin. via PM. In the interm,

Be Kind • Be Courteous • Be Respectful

Easy - I thought it was obvious that I was kidding. Mostly. I'm sure it's not random and I assume that cough syrup isn't involved. Muskybob - I've never seen you to be anything other than pleasant and helpful - and you can cook. I sent you a PM.

I have seen a few responses disappear, both my own and others, where there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I think the first time it was so random I questioned whether there was a system problem. There's what, half a dozen of you with the ability to delete comments? When you do, the parties involved don't know and the system doesn't show that a deletion occurred or who did it. It can be confusing for everyone involved.

Yea Bob! ! Once you deleated a pic of a half naked soccor mom, and with no explanation! ! Wtf. I have a feeling its because like blonds and not brunettes. Jeez.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Oh, that just sucks. Can you email me that picture so I can assess if it breaks the rules? :lol::lol:

Yea Bob! ! Once you deleated a pic of a half naked soccor mom, and with no explanation! ! Wtf. I have a feeling its because like blonds and not brunettes. Jeez.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Oh, that just sucks. Can you email me that picture so I can assess if it breaks the rules? :lol::lol:

I'll just re-post it!!

I do question why any controversial posts are deleted, even if no one crosses the line. Take the Thread a couple weeks back about the finders keepers team ( experts and pros of Rochester). No one made any personal attacks, everyone kept it civil. Yet it was still deleted because an argument may upset someones delicate sensibilities. We are all adults here, capable of a good discussion.

My opinion- Let the members talk, debate, discuss unless someone crosses the line with personal attacks or the like. We do not need moderators looking over our shoulders monitoring every single thing and deleting anything that could cause some conflict.

I do question why any controversial posts are deleted, even if no one crosses the line. Take the Thread a couple weeks back about the finders keepers team ( experts and pros of Rochester). No one made any personal attacks, everyone kept it civil. Yet it was still deleted because an argument may upset someones delicate sensibilities. We are all adults here, capable of a good discussion.

My opinion- Let the members talk, debate, discuss unless someone crosses the line with personal attacks or the like. We do not need moderators looking over our shoulders monitoring every single thing and deleting anything that could cause some conflict.

Well salmonchop, for your first post you seem to have a lot to say about how this site is run. My suggestion to you is to start your own site, with NO rules, and pay your own operating expenses. This site has been praised by many who DO appreciate the quality of content and management of the site. Apparently you didn't bother to read the rules, or my previous post about giving leeway before anything is edited/deleted. If in our previous experience, mods find that a post is blatantly ignoring the rules, THEN it is handled in the appropriate manner. We can't please all the people all of the time, but we CAN & DO please most of the people most of the time. Any further suggestions of yours can be sent via PM to the site Admin. which is BlueEye. Be my guest.