Hot Lure: white e chip flasher w/ green a tom mik fly

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed: 2 - 2.75

Boat Depth: 70 - 120

Lure Depth: 45 -65 rigger 210 was hot on the wire

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I decided to sneak out after work for a few hours by myself and give it a shot. Decided to drop the rigger w/ the probe first to get an idea on temp - dropped a black nk w/ white bottom. It was down 30 seconds and the rod started bouncing - ended up getting a small king. I dropped that back down and then let out the two wires. A friend gave me a quick tip and said try 70-90 fow. Right away had 2 swings and misses on the 210 wire so I kept a nice west troll and bounced from 70-90. Switched the spoon out on the rigger for a spin dr and green fly and picked up a small steelie. Then the wire w/ the white e chip and green fly wouldn't stop hitting. Ended up with 2 more kings 23 and 24lbs and another steelie about 7 pounds. I'm glad it was calm because trying to reel in decent king and keep him out of the other rods is quite the chore. It was a fun night and I'm glad I was able to get out.

I'll try and add a couple pics later tonight.

8/23 I was able to sneak out after work again last night and we had a pretty good run. The night didn't start off very promising dropping the first 4 fish with one straightening out the hook of the fly. We fished close again 70 - 90 fow. white echip flasher and green fly was hot again on the wire w/ dipseys 210 - 250. Also had some good luck with the SD on the riggers down 80-90 ft w/ a 40 ft lead off the ball. I tried closer but no luck. We went 5-10 w/ 3 over 20lbs. I'm not going to be able to make it out again until Monday so save a couple slobs out there for me!!

king.jpg

:yes: awesome job!!! ....

and I solo out quite often and know what you mean, hard to steer, clear or move lines and fight a fish. And more then once you look at the other poles and :@ ...theres a double! Now what to do!!!!!!! :lol:

:yes: awesome job!!! ....

and I solo out quite often and know what you mean, hard to steer, clear or move lines and fight a fish. And more then once you look at the other poles and :@ ...theres a double! Now what to do!!!!!!! :lol: