Hot Lure: NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.4-3.2

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 90-125

Lure Depth: 75-105

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Took my 71 year old Dad out on Ontario for his first trip in at least 10 years. We ended up with 4 kings in the teens and he landed the last one of the day which was about 28# ( my scale stinks so I am not 100% sure), it was 41" long. Beautiful fish. The 2 browns were about 5 lbs, we released one of them while dad was fighting a king on the dipsy. Every fish except one king came on an NK 28 NBK. The other king hit a green/glow SD w Mtn Dew fly on the dipsy out 275(missed one rip on here as well). 85 and 90 ft rigger did the rest of the damage save one other king on the 325 dipsy pulling an NBK. Couldn't have asked for a better morning with my Dad, especially since he has had big trouble with sea sickness in the past, but no worries today, just smiles!! Gotta love drag rippin' kings!

Screamin' Reels,

DJ

Congratulations! You're a lucky guy to share a day like that with your Dad!!

I wish my Dad was still around to take over to Lake O! He would have loved it.. At least my boys won't be able to say I missed the fishing over there!!!

Congratulations! You're a lucky guy to share a day like that with your Dad!!

I wish my Dad was still around to take over to Lake O! He would have loved it.. At least my boys won't be able to say I missed the fishing over there!!!

I second that. I had an awesome 34 years with my dad and fished 31 of those years with him...but mostly bass, perch, pike...etc. We downrigged a little, but never invested and dedicated ourselves to a program like this. Mostly browns and lakers here and there. He would so have loved the sound of a screaming wire with a big king. Totally awesome that you are sharing that with your dad!!! :yes::yes:

Jay