RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 8/23-9/3

Stay in there. They have been turning on really late some days, like as late as 11-12

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Yeah it's such a nice day, not sure how long we'll stay out for...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hey Nick- out now for the first time since I was out with you. Had a few boat issues at first but we finally got them straightened out. 3 for 3 so far. Everything on wires out 325 and 340 in 130 fow

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Awesome Al! Wish you better luck than we had today!

Headed in, let my dipseys hit bottom on the way in and here are the results.

#1- 300 out, 78 down

#2 1/2 - 370 out, 69 down

#1 - 180 out, 50 down

Can you remember what your SOG or down speed was when you read these?

Brian

If you had 300 feet out and the diver hit bottom and you read your depth finder and it said 78 ft, what was the true of depth of the diver over 200 feet behind your boat? It should be deeper than 78 ft

No, I was watching close and as soon as it ticked I knew the depth. So even over 200fow it still would be down only 78ft.

If you had 300 feet out and the diver hit bottom and you read your depth finder and it said 78 ft, what was the true of depth of the diver over 200 feet behind your boat? It should be deeper than 78 ft

No, I was watching close and as soon as it ticked I knew the depth. So even over 200fow it still would be down only 78ft.

I think he was referring to the slope of the bottom. As in, if you hit bottom with your wire rod (which is somewhere near 200' behind the boat, you were reading the graph 200' south of where the line hit bottom. On that note, unless there is a crazy drop off in Sodus 200' isn't going to make more than a 1' or so difference in depth. That make sense?

I think he was referring to the slope of the bottom. As in, if you hit bottom with your wire rod (which is somewhere near 200' behind the boat, you were reading the graph 200' south of where the line hit bottom. On that note, unless there is a crazy drop off in Sodus 200' isn't going to make more than a 1' or so difference in depth. That make sense?

Oh. Yeah that isnt going to make much of a difference.

Totally agree, but for arguments sake lets assume 300' of wire on my reels equals 300' +/- 25' on yours :) It should put you in the ballpark.

I also got a new toy tonight to play with tomorrow!

2012-08-24_20-12-50_656.jpg