RUFF RIDER Sodus Live Report 8/23-9/3

Finally was able to upload a couple of underwater videos with the new trollpro/gopro combo. The internet at the marina is pretty terrible.

The first one shows a few different lure types down 80-90ft as well as what the bottom of lady O looks like. The amazing part is that our fishfinder was showing hooks and bait on the bottom, but you don't see any of it on the camera. Not sure if the bait scatters when the boat goes by or if the field of view of the camera is too narrow. One thing is for sure, there aren't as many fish laying on the bottom as I expected! Also, 90% of the bottom is sand, but there was one point where it was all boulders for at least 1/4 mile... wouldn't want to be bouncing off the bottom there!

tob3sizTUFE&feature=plcp

After 9hrs of underwater video, we finally found one fish that came screaming down to hit our spinny/fly combo! It ended up missing it, then screaming up and nailing our fixed cheater 10ft up! Pretty awesome!

QZzaxOgbnR8&feature=plcp

Any night action on the Sodus pier yet? Thinking of hitting a pier with the casting rod and cleos maybe tomorrow night after work. Be back on the water Sunday am. Last Sunday we couldnt stay hooked up,went 1 for 4 broke 2 fish off :o One on the rigger and one on the wire

Any night action on the Sodus pier yet? Thinking of hitting a pier with the casting rod and cleos maybe tomorrow night after work. Be back on the water Sunday am. Last Sunday we couldnt stay hooked up,went 1 for 4 broke 2 fish off :o One on the rigger and one on the wire

I saw a few people tossing cleos yesterday, but havent heard of any action and havent seen kings jumping on my way through the chute.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Forecast for tomorrow doesn't look to good either. Im wondering if Isaac will have any effect on the lake.

Friday

Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots becoming west. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 3 to 5 feet.

On the good side as of now Saturday and Sunday look to be fishable.

Good luck out there and I hope the weather holds off.

If Im going to be sitting here at work the least I can do is enjoy your reports.

Forecast for tomorrow doesn't look to good either. Im wondering if Isaac will have any effect on the lake.

Friday

Southwest winds 10 to 20 knots becoming west. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Waves 4 to 6 feet subsiding to 3 to 5 feet.

On the good side as of now Saturday and Sunday look to be fishable.

Good luck out there and I hope the weather holds off.

If Im going to be sitting here at work the least I can do is enjoy your reports.

I'm glad you're enjoying them, sorry there arent more!

I'm out at the point now and waves don't look too bad. Are they any worse than mid morning yesterday?

They don't look terrible, we will probably give it a go this afternoon.