someone stole my victrola...want a new one.8(

:@ just went to my truck and opened up door on contractors work cap....ive had my 100 year old victrola handline rig with about 900 ft of bare copper on it in there for almost two weeks now since i got home from 8th lake in the Dacks.....and itwas gone. Theived.....im beyond words....reallly piissed and miserable at the thawt of someone prolly a crackhead stealing it for scrap.....anyone who is willing to trade or sell me one or two nice working victrola rigs will be greatly rewarded.....help a brother out and get me back on the water.....all pics below are of things id be willing to trade...just gota get al Ol' Victrola back on my boat its my bread and butter.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

sealines sigmas and id be willing to let go a matching pair of riggers...short ones prolly but with the right deal id let the long arms go.

PM me with your #. I live in Geneva, can you pick up?

Here is the item description:

This is a cleaned, re-greased. rebuilt and tuned-up motor that works with antique Victor Victrola windup phonographs. This is a two-spring, single-barrel model, with the speed indicator needle and the three original bolts needed to attach it to the motor board. The nuts and washers (although not the felt washers...they are missing) are included with the bolts. This entire motor was cleaned, removing the old dirt and grease right down to the grooves in the gears. The springs were taken out of the barrel, scraped, cleaned and re-packed with fresh grease, and the governor was adjusted, so this motor is running very smoothly. It is ready to go right in your phonograph or fish box. This motor will also work on numerous tabletop, console and upright Victor Victrola phonographs. Please note the distances between the bolt holes: 5 3/4 inches, 5 7/8 inches and 6 3/8 inches. At some point you should add grease to the winding gears and possibly some additional oil to the other gears because only enough was used to get it running smoothly.

There is a small baggie that has the speed control arm and the speed indicator needle assembly. I detached them, so t they wouldn't get damaged in transit.

The arm connects into a little post coming out the motor frame on the side of the frame where the governor is located (the thing with the steel balls that spins when the motor is running). Unscrew the outer screw on the post, slip the arm into the hole and tighten the screw.

The speed needle gets attached to the post on the underside of the motor. Put the needle on, then the washers, then the little nut.

Do all this over something white, so you can find the parts if you drop them!

One other bit of direction....the speed control arm, when placed into the post, should face away from the frame, not toward the center of the frame.

My pricing is @ $85.00 plus shipping if necessary.

• 3 months later...

Call local pawn shops. We had equipment stolen out of a pick up and it ended up at a pawn shop. It was a chore with the police to get it back but it was worth it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

• 4 years later...