seneca water temps

planning an am trip tomarrow debating between launching out of roys, sampson, lodi, or severn. I dont have a probe so was wondering if anyone could give some info about what depth the thermocline is in any of those areas. most likely will go to sampson or lodi as i have never tried those two before. will report if i catch any

i'm leaning towards north end because thats shortest drive use manual down riggers so i rely on dipseys to get deeper than 60 down or so its nice when i know theres a t-cline up high because i can fish that with the riggers and lead cores thanks for the advice though i will definatly start with the dipsys deep

Here's the reel skinny. Go to http://fli-data.hws.edu/ClarkPt/ That is the Hobart/William Smith/Finger Lakes Institute data bouy data. It's that big yellow bouy out in the middle just North of Roy's. It will give you T-cline, water clarity wind speed and direction & a bunch of other stuff that I don't know much what to do with. Right now it's only showing limited data but if you click on 'Water Quality lLast 7 days' you will see graphic overlays of temps and depths. Mostl, the thermocline has been starting around 50 ft (15 meters) where it breaks from the high 70s and goes to about 55-60 in the next 20 ft. It starts to get into the 40s at about 80' and stays pretty constant inb the mid 40's an down to 180fow. I'v been hitting nice lakers (5 - 9#) in 110 - 125 fow. 100+ lbs in the last 2 wks. Big silver spoons MIStinger Stingrey Tuxedo and Pfleuger Pearl wobbler (when's the last time anybody saw one of those?) & Chartreuse s/ crushed ice glow Pro-Troll or Spin Doctor and Blue boy flies. Early - Betw 0600 & 0700. Try that bouy site, click around in it to find the data you need. I check the nite before and it seems to stay pretty consistent thru the next day. Tight Lines!

Dave