LOC DERBY 2007 ECONOMIC IMPACT REPORT

over 1200.00 lodging,very conservative 2500.00 gas,extreamly conservative700.00 tackle,mega conservative 1000.00 beer er i mean beverage and about 20bucks for food,,,000 for clothing(buffy)40.00 tanning cream,3000.00 new motor,outdrive,2000.00 trailer...................holy crap i could have lobster flown to my house every day for three years for that,now for my hunting expenses forget it lets just say surf and turf for three years..no early getting up no sitting in the cold,no cleaning fish or deer,did i mention vacume sealer ,extra freezer,electric for freezer,grinder,ect,ect., ect.,opps gotta go good day to hunt.........................................

Good freaking GOD Ray...that's a ton of greenbacks!!!

I got off cheap - probably less than $1000 per year. It was nice not having to pay for a boat or motor. I did have to pay for all the gas - for both the tow vehicle and the outboard.

Probably $200 in tackle, $400 in new rods this year, plus food, gas, launch fees..Still easily under $1000 for a year...

wow glad to see im not the only one who spent alot of money this yr. i just went over my fishing budget book and notice i spent way to much on fishing this yr. not that much to have lobster shipped to my house, but my dad is a lobtser captian in maine, so i get free lobster when i go out and help get his traps ready for the season. then at thanksgiving i go back out and help bring them in for the season.

plan to spent more this yr

new trailer, canvas top, color fishfinder, new poles and reels, paint job on the boat " which is free" thanks to a guy i took out and showed him a good time.

I know how lucky I was, with dad paying for the boat, trailer, tow vehicle, insurance and half of the tackle....All I had to pay for was 4 riggers, 8 rods, line, spoons, dodgers, flashers, flies, trolling motor, and gas.

With him moving I am feeling the need for a boat of my own and I am sure that I'll be spending a huge amount of money soon - perhaps in 2009 or so....just don't tell the wife!!!

Till then I'll make do with whatever I can to get on the water.

Ditto here Mike, but Oswego may be a bit far for you.

I do my best to not keep track of how much I spend....there is no possible way I could justify it to my wife! So pretty much....I'm living a big fat lie so I cover up as much as I can....but I get cought all the time :lol:

Just today I got a new raymarine chartplotter via ups and of course, who walks into the shop while I'm opening it up with everything spread over the workbench.....yep...wifey :shock: :shock: BUSTED!

She's a great sport about it though!

Rod

This proves that we don't just fish for the money, huh? I spent about 600.00 during the 3 loc derbies this year.

Mike, you not having a boat for the near future does suck. Don't be shy to PM me next season if ya need a ride. We usually have the room. We just throw my pops gas $ after the trip. The boat is docked at Sandy.