Species Breakdown:

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth:

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILs

Sunday morning trolled in 100 fow with the girls. I adjusted the trim and the motor cut out and would not restart. Finally got it rolling and was nervous to hang out without figuring out why it happened. Found a loose nut on battery terminal.

Went back out at 6 pm. Very little boat traffic which was nice since I was solo. Caught 13 pound coho, dropped a big dark king at the motor and lost one more way back. It never trippedld the dipsey. All action 60 to 70 down over 85 to 100 fow. One on nbk flasher with orangish fly and the other two on nbk spoon. All on dipseys on a 2 setting running either north or south. Any tips on landing fish solo? I lost the king bc I had to pull it in by the line bc of the long leader. Pretty neat site was a 40 foot ship running for riggers off back. Back out in the am.

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Monday morning the wind was ripping from the south. Quite unmanageable by myself. Moved in and investigated thinner water. Looks like all the bait is in 30-40 fow with a few hooks mixed in. Hundreds of schools of bait 20 feet thick. No takers. Be out again when the wind calms down.

Talked the girls into fishing this morning. Ruff Rider said there were two foot swells. They were all that and more but not so bad with big distance between the peaks. Anyway dropped two lines in 70 fow and headed north. I noticed a charter heading west about a mile away in 120 fow. Hoped he was on to something so when I hit that depth I headed west. Within two minutes the 200 dipsey started shaking. Brought a 4-5 pound steelie to the boat for my wife to net. She missed it as the waves we making her queasy. That's all they could take. Another 1 hour trip...Fish hit a nbk spoon behind a yellow dipsey. Wish I could have stayed. Lots of bait and hooks in 120 feet.

Sorry to hear it was too rough for them. Theresa isnt liking it out here either, waves arent all that big but coming from multiple directions making it very uncomfortable. The bite died also.

Yeah I think she is done with fishing. If the winds stay status quo I'll man the boat on my own in a couple hours. Seems like evenings have been good.

You need to call her doctor and get a prescription for transderm patches/pills ASAP. Theresa had aweful seasickness until she started using it. The late afternoon bite has been much betterthan the morning bite.

See ya out there. My buddy will be in town next couple days assuming the weather cooperates. Are you hitting many on clean spoons? Right now clean spoons are 3 to 1 over ff

We had one hit on spoons today, the rest on f/f.

Hit the water at 6 pm. Dropped lines in 100 feet and headed north. On my way back from 130 I got busted off on the 300 dipsey with the nbk. The braid was pinched on the edge of the spool. Thought I avoided trouble but he kept trying to run. If you catch a king with my gear on it. What was neat is that rod took a couple whacks 10 seconds earlier but did not trip the dipsey. I took a hard turn to try to entice the fish and it worked! That was my only nbk 28. While fixing that issue I swapped out the nbk flasher and fly for a green atomic and green fly. When I hit 120 the 300 dipsey started rocking. It turned out to be a 22 pound male taken on the new rig. 20 minutes later I landed a 20 pound female. Also on the green ff. I need a bigger net not sure what I'd do with a 30 pounded.

I also meant to add that I would disagree that fishing is slow. I've got out three times this week and fished no more than 4 or 5 hours "total". I've spent half as much time getting out of the bay. I've landed 3 kings, a steelhead, and lost 2 or 3 others. All of the fish but one were caught after 6 pm. Either fishing is good, God has been good to me or both. Also If it wasn't for the stuff I've learned on LOU I probably would have limited success. Thanks.

I also meant to add that I would disagree that fishing is slow. I've got out three times this week and fished no more than 4 or 5 hours "total". I've spent half as much time getting out of the bay. I've landed 3 kings, a steelhead, and lost 2 or 3 others. All of the fish but one were caught after 6 pm. Either fishing is good, God has been good to me or both. Also If it wasn't for the stuff I've learned on LOU I probably would have limited success. Thanks.

I've just gotten spoiled, when the fishing is rockin in sodus, five bites is slow! You'll see soon hopefully, I think that west wind may have done the trick! Also lately there has been windows when the fish turn on, they'll bite for an hour then stop for five rather than feeding throughout the morning.