Salmon Strike 2! - The Sequel (Downrigger Footage)

You say you guys run the camera fairly close to your ball when running somewhat deep. Was wondering if you tried setting it back just to the point of seeing it to see if the fish that come into view strike more then the ones with the poparazzi in its face..?? Awsome video for sure, just makes you want it more ..... the newest trail cam!!

Thanks Matt,

-Jakey Baby-

You say you guys run the camera fairly close to your ball when running somewhat deep. Was wondering if you tried setting it back just to the point of seeing it to see if the fish that come into view strike more then the ones with the poparazzi in its face..?? Awsome video for sure, just makes you want it more ..... the newest trail cam!!

Thanks Matt,

-Jakey Baby-

Thanks for the comments, Matt.

We can only run the camera a couple of feet away from the flasher (which is a foot and a half away from the fly) in order to see the fish approaching from behind. We've tried a bit further back and cant really see the strike. The fish don't seemed to be be too spooked by the ball/camera/flasher/fly being so close together but it sure would be nice to be able to see a bit further. Not going to happen with the tiny sensor cameras at those low light levels though.

alright i have got my camera mounted and started to get some good video as well!

your spinnys look to be spinning wayyy faster than myn. and i am ussualy running a down speed of about 2.4 on my fish hawk. what are you guys running for a down speed?

alright i have got my camera mounted and started to get some good video as well!

your spinnys look to be spinning wayyy faster than myn. and i am ussualy running a down speed of about 2.4 on my fish hawk. what are you guys running for a down speed?

Looking forward to seeing the footage machzrcr! We average anywhere from 2.2 to 3 on the ball.

finished_Troll_Pro.jpg

I have made my version using a GoPro and a trolling housing that is similar to something that is already out there.

Are you using a GoPro camera by chance or something different?

Hi Nemesis, we are using GoPro2's for our downrigger footage mounted both on the ball directly and using a trolling housing.

• 3 weeks later...