Marvel Mystery Oil

Fish Hunter

Topped off our Islander last week, and poured the dedicated amount in it, for the capacity of the fuel tank.

FWIW, it seems to run smoother(was not running rough)with the introduction of it.

No more power, but just seemed smoother, and was not "in the hunt" for a marked changed. Just felt smoother.

I also use it in my fuel, When you winterize your motor pour it down your carb with the motor running not a ton of it, Choke it out with it , It coats everything inside so it does'nt rust or set up on you. When you start your boat up in the spring it'll smoke some but it'll go away, I also put it in my dodge diesel tank too.

Just another way of fogging the engine. Whats the cost on this? I just got a new to me outboard boat. Should I try it out?

Yes Nick it is, but that stuff seems to have a lot of additional magic, like loosening up stuck piston rings.You can pour some of it in a frozen block and 2 days later the pistons will move!

Besides,it smells like something you find in a candy store.

For your outboard I would suggest "Sea Foam" regular and "deep Creep"

The regular you can add to your fuel and it will keep the carbs and the rings clean while it also stabilizes the fuel. the deep creep you can spray into your carbs for fogging and decarbing.

Hell, why am I telling this to a diesel mechanic? You can probably teach me about it!

Cornelis.

Heck no, I avoid any and all gasoline situations if I can. I love working on boats but hate working on my own vehicles. I do it because I can not because I want to LOL.

If I could own a diesel boat I would.. Mhmm. A 42 footer sounds about right.....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I started using MMO when they switched to ethanol in PA. Use a good shot of that and Lucas fuel additive. Haven't had a problem with the boat... Yet.("83 Chris Craft w/ 3.7l Merc.)

Whatever they put in that stuff is great. Once had a '70's vintage snowmobile that overheated, BAD. Stuck the rings on one cylinder and had minimal compression. Poured about half a bottle in both cylinders, rotated the engine by hand a few revolutions and left if for a week. The sled still runs like a top... 15 years later.

We build large displacement, High-Performance Harley-Davidson engines here at our shop, for clients all over the country, and do use MMO in our air tools(for disassembly only), and we are VERY sceptical of power-in-a-can stuff.

I thought, hell, let's try it as with this fuel today, there is no real top-end lubricant qualitys to is, vs leaded fuels of yesteryear.

It do work. :yes:

• 1 month later...

Ok so My islander has been running alittle rough as whe nI bought it it had 25 gallons of year old untreated fuel in it. I topped it off and added the correct amount of Star Tron. I have run it twice and it still runs alittle rough but not bad. Was thinking about adding some Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel to see if that helps..I think the carbs could use a good cleaning out. What would someone recomend to do?

I also have a 15HP Johnson kicker that Ijust picked up used. Want to clean the carbs out on that as well. What would anyone recomend?

Ok so My islander has been running alittle rough as whe nI bought it it had 25 gallons of year old untreated fuel in it. I topped it off and added the correct amount of Star Tron. I have run it twice and it still runs alittle rough but not bad. Was thinking about adding some Marvel Mystery Oil to the fuel to see if that helps..I think the carbs could use a good cleaning out. What would someone recomend to do?

I also have a 15HP Johnson kicker that Ijust picked up used. Want to clean the carbs out on that as well. What would anyone recomend?

Tilt that boat as far back end down as you can and connect a hose to your fuel line . Run that hose through the plug hole and suck on it. that should get the fuel to start running out. But because you have the tank tilted you will get most of the water out of the tank.

Go with seafoam

I am gonna pick up some SeaFoam Deep Creep spray and apply it to my carburated 4.3L V6 mercruiser in the Islander..I watched the youtube directions but they are only for a vehicle and not a marine engine. Dont know if it differs at all?

You can pour some regular seafoam into the fuel tank. If you spray it straight into the carbs, it will act as a fogger and it will do a serious decarbing job. Spray it in until the engine dies. Let it sit for five minutes and then start the engine again. It will smoke like you burn pure oil, but it will have done a great job. (make sure of the wind direction because of the smoke).

For the 15HP kicker, do you simply spray some of the seafoam into the cylendar and let it sit for awhitle (after it is up to temp)..then with the spark plug still out, turn it over to remove the excess. then reinstall the plugs..then fire it up?

If you want to decarb you spray it in through the carburetor with the engine running until it stops running, then you let it sit for a few minutes and restart to clean the stuff out.

If you want to winterize you spray some into the carbs and into the cylinders with the plugs out. then turn the engine over a few times so the seafoam gets into your crankcase. Then spray some more into your cylinders,put the plugs back in and let it sit like that until next spring. Of course you have to drain the carburetor and all the other winterizing things that need to be done.