IBay County Launch

Hi Gang,

Sad as it sounds, I think I'm forced to pull my boat quite early this year b/c of the low water levels. Has anyone used the public launch recently? I was over there yesterday and I saw one guy struggling to launch a 22' (he had his truck backed in 6-8 feet in the water just to get hit boat off the trailer). The launch attendant said it's getting a little "hairy" with bigger boats. I know the ramps go to the end of the docks but I think I'm going to need every inch I can get just to pull the boat.

Just to put my mind at ease, what exactly is the water level this year compared to historic levels?

Thanks,

- Chris

Sean - thanks very much for this informative article. In all my years fishing the lake, I can't remember the sand bar in the I-Bay channel being so prominent ABOVE the water line than this year.

Time to get my boat out and work on my treestands.

Good luck on the water,

- Chris

I actually touched bottom with an outdrive across my dock at sutters 2 weekends ago...no damage all muck down there but i have never done that before...likewise i think mine will be coming out sooner than normal

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Noticed it at Sandy Creek with Carpedium & genEus last weekend, had to crawl up onto the dock, rather than just step up. Forever Young's back tomorrow so we'll probably try I-Bay this weekend since it's an 18ft Starcraft, doesn't draw much water.

Pulled the vessel out yesterday for the year - and it's the lowest I can ever remember at the I-Bay launch. That being said, we pulled out my 22' Trophy without any problem at all.

It always feels good to finish up another year safe and sound.

- Chris