Cayuga 8/30

Full moon fever... or something. Fairly slow morning, not hot but some action, it was fun. Took a buddy out and we managed 4 lakers between 6 and 11 with a break for bass about 1 1/2 hours. No bass. No surprise either! :P The lakers were a good size, one 4 lbs-ish, two 7 lb range and one probably 9+. Didn't go far from the park today due to strong SE wind early, my boat kicks up a lot of spray with 2 guys in it and it was too chilly this morning to get soaked.

We were happy enough taking it easy and hanging out. A hot air balloon came over the western hill side and dropped down close for a peek at the lake. Pretty cool how it was a W / NW wind high up but that ripping SE down low.

Found plenty of fish in 80-110 but they were lookers. This is the third trip he's been out with me this year and it's been slow every time, oops! :D For now he's still into it, can't wait to get him into a hot and heavy bite.

We played in the wind @ Keuka today Alec, my first choice was Seneca today, thought maybe I could figure out where Erabbit & Kinger were hiding the brown trout..... but my partner said Nooooooooooo with the wind that is being forecast, 12 mph SW, we would be better off on a "small lake"...............when we came over the hill Seneca was flat & mirroring the sky 8) would have been a GREAT day for trying jigging :yes:

I was out with a couple of guys today. We didn't get into fish but had a good time. Wind made it hard to keep our jigs on the bottom. Never made it up to t falls but i guess we didn't miss much. Thanks for the contact Alec.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png

Thanks for the report.

Ill be out there 6am early tomorrow morning - not sure what the boat looks like yet as one of my new buddies who usually goes trolling and has a boat docked at myers said he wants me to teach em how to catch em Jiggin. Look for the lucky Mountain Dew hat though.

Hope the bite is better then last Sunday (8/26)... fished from 6am - 3pm and ended up with no fish in the boat at all.