Redoing the Drags

S * K

Where do I learn to redo the drags in my reels. I do have a guy I take mine too every other year but honestly I would like to learn myself how to replace the washers. I mostly have daiwa sealines 47lcs. The guy I use isn't expensive but it just drives me nuts to relie on someone else. Any ideas

Tuna Tom has some instructions on his website...parts, step-by-step, etc...for at least one model reel. I think that his intent is to demonstrate that it's a complicated process, but, hey, why not give it a go, right?

I did my shimano tekotas this year with the upgraded carbon fibers as well. Was not that bad. Just lay them on order as you take it apart. Clean REEL well and put the carbons in dry, lubing other moving parts. The longest part of the process is cleaning the old "crap" out...

Good luck, Nick

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 3 weeks later...

I posted up some instructions somewhere on LOU a few years back. I did my accudepth 47LCs but same in principle for the sealines. Could do a search to find the post...very simple just pay attention to the orientation of the curved metal washers ;)

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png