break in and theft

jason

recently within the last 2 weeks some low life had the balls to steal from my family. we have land on river point rd in pulaski. they broke into all the campers and sheds. took all our fishing rods and gear. took all our tools, air compressor, lawn mower and gas grill. they also took all our wiring to the land for the copper. took the motor off the pontoon boat plus others.

all the rods were g-loomis, st croix, browning noodle rods and fly rods.

if anyone hears of anyone bragging up there or pawn things off, send me a pm so i can help get the info to the troopers.

thank you for your help

jason

Bandrus1

The Troopers have no choice in their assignment. They do not have the free will to do what they would like to do the administration assigns them to patrol the highways and they are not out there just writing tickets. The majority do not enjoy that part of the job. They would rather be doing other police duties and if they are patroling RT 81 many of those traffic violations turn into much more than that. They are well trained and i am sure that they make many drug arrest, OUI arrests, warrant and fugitive arrests. They also assist motorists in need, cover accidents and other incidents as they occur. They do thier best to be there when they are needed. I hope that you never need one but if you do maybe you will apreciate them a little more, because they will do thier best to help you in any way they can.

Wow. Yet another theft posting.. :( ..And this time, not a case of leaving something at the car in plain sight unattended or in the open. Well, hope these thieves are idiots with dispersing or employing what they stole from U so they will be caught. And soon. They probably have done this more than once and will definitely do it again, as they seem somewhat accomplished. Yes, theft is not a "city" thing. It's a human and natural thing. Please guys, you can always lose something, but U should keep your good fishing gear out of sight, locked in the trunk or at (inside) your occupied home....and insured....!

Jason

Sometimes the thieves DO get caught.

A fellow I know will be getting out of prison this November with 3 years of probation to follow. Wraping up his term of 3-6 years after getting caught with my stolen fishing gear.

Keep the faith and give the police the smallest of details. For me, when I discovered days later that 1/2 of my mooring cover went missing, I told this to the detective. Bow cover must have been used to help him carry the cases of lures and the dective remembered the color of the part of the cover not stolen. Within 2 days he told me he had caught the guy. That was over 3 years ago.

I hope you have a similar experience. For me the gear was all repaced with insurance money ($8800) and I even got $500 from the Crime Victims Board to help offset the deductible.

Another factor in getting my claim settled was the photos i had of all the gear taken. I saw that someone was messing with the padlock on the door, so I photographed everything inside. Within 2 days he returned and cut the hasp with bolt cutters to get in. A uncutable/quality lock is not enough. Now I have a reinforced hasp as well. But nothing is foolproof.

I feel for you and will say a prayer for your success. I know all the emotions and feeling you must be going through.

Gotta get their drugs some how!!! Buddy of mine went on vacation, Came home and found that the whole house was stripped of its copper water lines, These people that are addicted to drugs will do anything to get their fix, I know first hand, Seen it with my nephew. He sets in jail now because of it, They steal from their own relation too.

The ****ty economy and many other factors make people do this.

We had our family cabin in Minn. broken into many years ago.

The thief's got caught because they even stole the hand made kitchen curtains that my grandmother had special ordered the material.

My grandfather used to walk to work and take different routes from time to time. Doesnt he see the curtains hanging up in a house.

Well they got caught. Dumbasses.

After that break in. We had special hiding places built into closet paneling. Things like booze and the hand gun for defense would go in there. Any valuables while staying there would go there too.

Sorry you got stolen from. Hope they get their time in jail!!

Bandrus- Chris is right not every trooper likes to had out tickets. they do what they are told to do just like any other job.

panfisher- everything is insured. we been their since 1999 without a single incident. besides it shouldn't matter where we keep our things here ot their they were locked up.

rest of you guys thank you. it may take time but i hope he or they get caught.

Dude that sucks. There is nothing worse that a theif. Thieves are cowards. They wait till no one is around, then violate an innocent victims property. Come try something like that when I'm home. Guarantee you'll b leaving with more holes than you came with...hope those scumbags get caught j...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

things are very bad this year everyday i see a post or read it in the papers or online news in the past year i have had 3 thefts one they got all my gear and poles from my boat no luck on anything being recovered and no insurance to cover the loss then a few weeks ago i had a call from a neighbor asking if i sold my snow blower and snow plow needless to say i did not hung up called 911 and left work they was gone when i got home but neighbor got a good description and plate number they are now await court dates most of what was taking was return the next day some of it was sold to a scrap yard! week after that someone tried to hit my boat again but as i learned my lesson on the first time they did not get anything this time just made a mess from throwing ropes and life jackets and what not around few days ago all the cars on the road i live on where broke into to as well as a few garages in the local area i hope you have better luck than i did on having your stuff recovered i know the pain and anger that comes with having scumbags steal your belongings

They will get pinched some day Jason when one of them gets grabbed for meth he will sing. But several other people will lose crap before that happens. As for the trooper comments LOL I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for 74 in a 65 unless they were given a brake for the real speed. And the few troopers you see on the highway are only a small part of the ones who are running around dealing with all the crap calls. Guys stealing scrap or from camps can be hard to catch they know what scrap yards are dirty and lots of them trade items to meth cooks for product. Its nothing to have a meth bust and get hundreds of stolen items at the property. I hope they get what they got coming.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Yes, jason, you are fortunate to, at the least, have the property insured. I really hope the crooks get caught....ALL of them....EVERYWHERE! Until then, keep on fishing and don't let their "fix" on your things dampen or depress your spirit and that of your friends and loved ones :yes: !!

I had a lot of stuff stolen by welfare kids and gave the police a complete inventory of what was missing. They knew the 6 kids who we involved but the city refused to prosecute even though the "used" value was over $5000. Parents we all crack head welfare. Had one father who wanted his son to work for the value, in which he suggested cleaning the garage. I declined and said his son should not have to pay for all 6 of them and I had turned it over to police. Didn't want to say why would I give him the inside lookin the garage. The following week all 6 of the strum again and broke into a garage. And once again the DA refused to take the case.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Sorry to hear of your loss, and hope they find those responsible.

Have always been afraid to slip my boat, and never have. How do you guys sleep at night knowing that thousands of dollars of equipment is just sitting there, in a barely secure boat, in an unsecure marina? Damn, whenever we leave it (on the trailer) in a parking lot, I am always looking out the window to see if its OK.