i'm in the market for two new downriggers and was woundering if anyone had any advice on which brand, model and what makes it the better choice? (some other info) as of right now i have two electric walker downriggers and i'm starting to have problems with one and the other one has some issues, so i'm gonna fix 1 with the other and have three on the boat. i like the walkers but i've heard good things about the others as well and if i'm going to spend the money i figure i should do some research first. thanks for your help.

I am in the same position. I have old walkers. Burn't out a motor earlier this year and now we have been fishing deeper and another one intermittantl cuts out. It may be running hot. Had to wind it up manually last weekend. I like rthe walkers and they are old so can't complain. I do like it that the big jons flip up.

In my limited experience with downriggers I have purchased and used Proos, Cannon, Big Jon, Walker and Scotty ............ If I was in the market for a new downrigger I would buy a Scotty, I am very glad I bought 5 of them 4 years ago and wish I had bought them 6 years earlier!!!!

The new traxstech downriggers are incredible!

Traxstech bought vector and has improved on what was my favorite before.

aPd0DsCKTw8

That video footage was filmed at our LOTSA Expo back in February. Those riggers are very nice, but I'd still rather have my Scottys personally.

Tim

That video footage was filmed at our LOTSA Expo back in February. Those riggers are very nice, but I'd still rather have my Scottys personally.

Tim

Have you ever used them on the water?

The biggest hurdle with the traxstechs is the price easpecially if you have another working set paid for then those are almost always going to be best. but once I usedthose traxstechs out on the water the features, speed, and technology was nice and easy to use and well worth it.

I've sold and used at one point or another big Jon Scotty cannon walker vector traxstech and even fish landers so I don't get you point of coarse I can't help but recommend something you sell if you sell them all. And I don't work at calumet marine anymore, just an enthusiast.

I am very passionate about the sport as a lot of us are and if something from a quality manufacturer is new and innovative then I get excited about it. These downriggers are what's new right now and top of the line. Just like up until a few years ago I was a big believer in the depth raider, it was the top probe system on the market and I would tell anyone that. Then the x4 came out and that was the end of that. Things change all the time and these riggers are new and just because one rigger has proven itself in the past as something that is reliable and effective doesn't mean it's going to be the best rigger forever.

The Trax riggers look nice, and what was said about the riggers that are paid for and work fine are hard to replace was right on as well. The only rigger that I would sell a scotty for and buy right now is one that will find the bottom and track it with the weight.

Cannon used to make one (rigger & depth finder all in one unit) and it worked for me -- I sold it to buy their new one -- BIG mistake.

If Trax added this feature I would have one next spring!!

The Trax riggers look nice, and what was said about the riggers that are paid for and work fine are hard to replace was right on as well. The only rigger that I would sell a scotty for and buy right now is one that will find the bottom and track it with the weight.

Cannon used to make one (rigger & depth finder all in one unit) and it worked for me -- I sold it to buy their new one -- BIG mistake.

If Trax added this feature I would have one next spring!!

What about the new ones don't you like? I assume you have the digitroll 10. I am considering them but may switch over to Scotty now. I am on the fence and need a push one way or the other.

Spike