I wanted to try some deep water jigging for musky w/ plastic

Oh man, feeling better.

I think I created a monster in the boy. Always seem to catch fish.

So after a 30lb King, a 14.6 Walleye and an 18lb Brown Trout, he says "Id like to catch a musky...". And with the horseshoe stuck us his you know where......I gotta a pretty good vibe! :yes:

We will be fishing thanksgiving 4 day.

where are you jigging? use real heavy leaders (130lbs plus) or even 7 strand bc youre going to make a lot of contact with zebra muscles if its in the river or 20-25 fow or less. can't go wrong with bondy baits either but if youre going to be jigging tubes get some of the 2-3 oz. jig heads from Marc at red october

Please don't use anything less than quality 100lb floro leaders, even better is 130lb or a solid steel leader as recommended by the Niagara musky association and by red October baits. Using a light or beat up leader ur just asking to get bit off and that's a dead fish for sure. Nma meeting is tonight at the eldridge club in tonawanda. Check out the website and make it to a meeting and you will leave with all you need to know to get started. May I ask what sparked your interest??

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Well if you are bouncing tubes your going to get your chances. It's easy and ultra effective. Just please be prepared when it happens. Have a huge net ready so you can keep the fish in the water while unhooking and not flopping on your boat floor. Hook cutters like knipex really are a must, without my knipex I would have killed a few fish this year including the biggest reported fish caught and released on the Niagara this year. Try and make a nma meeting, guys are very informative and ready and willing to share info.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Mark,Make it to the NMA Meeting tonight at 7:00 pm and I'll get you started in the right direction with everything you will need.Most everything from wire leaders,knipex cutters and maybe even Red October tubes will be available at the NMA Meeting.I will even have New 7' & 6'-6" Xhvy Grandt All American Muskie Rods for $100,regular retail is $269.00,also an assortment of New Casting Reels and Vinces Spinner Shop Spinners at very low pricing.

Capt. Larry