Well, it wasn't the worst day ever, but it sure wasn't on fire either. We started our troll right out in front and just kept heading West in 85-105 fow. The marks got better as we made it past Devil's Nose, but a couple miles past Eagle Harbor the traffic from the Oak scared us back East. We were four-for-six with two of us on board running two divers, two riggers and a copper down the chute, pretty much all rigged with some version of white flasher/SD. Two kings, two nice steelhead and two hard rips. The temp got colder the further West we went. This may have been the last trip of the year for us, except for a brief foray to calibrate the new Raymarine X-10 autopilot that's being installed.

For those in the marina, just a heads-up: Bruce told us that due to the low water, all boats have to be out by October 1st.

We headed east out of sandy today in the same 80-110 range and did a grand slam with a brown king laker and steel, missed one or two others. Nothing too special but what has been special since these fish have started staging and the weather has not cooperating.

We pretty much did the same as you guys, only we went 0-4. It was tough for us this weekend. Saturday we managed 1 lake trout. We decided that Sunday we would "traitor" and go to the Oak. (Thanks Lou for the traitor tag) We did fairly well working that 70-75fow along with a hundred other boats. We landed 8 of 11 fish, 1-4 on big Kings, with Browns and Steelhead in the mix. Although the fishing was decent "some" of the boats need a lesson in courtesy. First 2 fish on were big Kings and 1 very rude fisherman decided that he was going to come right up my a** and trail me for 1/4 mile. This clown was 20yds behind me and I guess you know I had some vey choice words for him and I could see him smile at me and wave. Lessons learned, Stay at your own port where the fisherman are kind, courteous and willing to give you some room when needed. Yea Sandy!! Congrats to all who put fish on the board for the Derby. Now I know why I've stayed away from the Oak all these years.

From everything i heard, friday and saturday were also tough or just awful. After hearing that we headed waaaaaaaayyyy off shore looking for steel on sunday. As expected we had a solid bite out there of steelhead and 2 year old Kings, and our last fish of the day was low 20s Mature dark King which was a nice surprise.

On monday we stayed inside with the fleet looking for matures and worked it west in 95-105 fow. Great picture in there but we struggled like everyone else. Of the 7 bites we had, we managed only 1 mature King.