Species Breakdown: Kings

Hot Lure: Green-Dot Flasher with Hammer Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.3

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 90-120

Lure Depth: 95-115

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

My son and I left the Pine Grove Boat Launch Sat morning but ended up turning around because it seemed a little rough for my 17 footer. We went out later in the afternoon and ended boating 1 and breaking another off at the net when the fish got tangled in the down-rigger cable. If anybody catches a 20lb king with a green-dotted flasher and fly attached, it's probaly mine! Sunday we were 3 for 5. 6 of the 7 total hits were on green-dotted flashers with matching green fly. Nothing on spoons, dipsy's or leaded line. Just a great day to be out there!

Salmon_9_2_12.jpg

I may have met you. I was with that big silver aluminum center console. We waited a lil bit but got.out at 10:30 and it was a bloodbath. 120fow 85-100 down. Everything was firing. There were a ton of boats getting back on the trailer Saturday am.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I talked to a lot of people coming back in. It seemed like anybody with a boat under 18 was heading back and even some bigger ones. I figured better safe than sorry. Was that you with the center console parked at the end of the lot? I had the white Lund parked in the middle. When we went out the second time around 2PM the lake was fine. According to my son, "everybody out there was catching more than us". I told him sometimes it just seems that way but maybe he was right. From my standpoint, I thought we did pretty good for our second time out with downriggers!