Anyone try these ?

Hi,

Just looked at one in the tackle shop yesterday. They have great adjustments for up to your line to adjust tension to manually release and an excellant adjustment of a magnet for the line going back to the fish. Both seem smooth when working them and very adjustable. I will try a couple next year for sure. My only concern is in Vermont on Champlain we have small stockers and I like to keep releases set to set the hook when they release. Rubber bands work great at that time of year. I'm not sure if these will be much better than roamers. Oh, I heard roamer is out of bussiness. True????

Ray....saw those too, wondered the same thing. I use blacks now,

and can set them pretty light. But those do look interesting.

I was more interested in the light bite slide divers!

John

My only concern is if you can crank you rods down as tight as they say .How easy are they to pop when changing up lures?And can you set them tight enough to set the hook in a 30 lb salmons jaw in august when they hit?Other than that they look like it might be worth it to try one out.

I use the blacks release but use a rubber bands around my line and then clip them into the blacks and when a fish hits it drives the hook in pretty good.If I'm running reel deep I will use 2 bands so I can crank my rods down really good using this method.I see the guy who made these fishes Lake Champlain so I can see why they might be worth a try in that type of lake but I'm not sure about Lake Ontario I think I will stick with my blacks.but for smaller fish Maybe I will try one?But they are a bit over priced :?