Legal muskie.. Dont be shy

I am north of 50 years and it would be the pinnacle of my fishing career to boat a legal muskie.

Who would you try to book a trip with for the best chance at getting one on either Niagara or the

St. Lawrence? Please don't be shy or humble about replies. All replies are appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

I am north of 50 years and it would be the pinnacle of my fishing career to boat a legal muskie.

Who would you try to book a trip with for the best chance at getting one on either Niagara or the

St. Lawrence? Please don't be shy or humble about replies. All replies are appreciated.

Thanks

Frank

Thank you guys! For remembering us! 8):D

Capt. Larry Jones for Niagara/ Buff Harbor !

I could also suggest Capt. Rich Clarke/ Sign Man Charters for the St. Lawrence River....

There are Many other great Captains out there also. ;) We don't see Capt John Orevac in Clayton as much as we used to...but that man is a Musky catching Machine! :yes:

A little late in the season to get a ride on The Waterwolf.......

We do have a couple open dates though.

Oct. 24 th

Oct. 27 and 28

Nov. 7 th

Dec. 13 and 14 (weather pending on these late dates, of course. But the last few years we have run right to the end. This year? We will see!)

Frank, good luck in your quest to catch your fish of a lifetime! Whoever you choose to fish with, I'm sure they will do their best to provide you with such an opportunity. :clap:

Man, I'd jump on those December dates on the Larry with Waterwolf. That's usually when the biggest muskies are caught on the Larry and you don't have to worry about trailering a boat in the snow since you will be guided.

You made an interesting choice of words with "legal muskie". Not to get into a catch and release debate, but consider a replica if you are lucky enough to get a trophy. Most all of the guys listed will want you to release the fish, and replicas look better and last longer than skin mounts these days anyway. There have been some huge muskies caught the last several years at the Larry and a few of them have been approaching world record size. There's no way to get a new world record if we don't release the ones that are getting close.

Good luck in your quest.

I am located in Rochester, NY. My girlfriend has said she would get me a trip for a birthday present.

I would like to do this trip this year. Does Waterwolf have two boats or two captns?

Thanks

Frank

One boat..two Captains working on it at all times.

Rich (Sign Man) or Bob (Waterwolf) both have comfortable boats, proven success, and big recent fish...can't go wrong with either.

IMO the later you can get dates for, the better chance at a really big fish. I go mid Nov myself, but only because I feel like there is less chance of pulling my boat through snow. I can't wait to get back there this Nov. Attached is a pic of the last one we got there. Nothing compared to some of the giants Rich and Bob have caught recently, but my Dad's pb and a very nice fish. Terribly unfortunate, but we had to stay an extra day on this trip because of lots of snow on our route home.

Keep in mind that 2 days will give you a better chance than 1, if you can swing it. Also, you are really only looking for one hit up there, but chances are if you get that hit, it will be the one you are looking for.

Good luck and let us know what you do if you go.

Dads_Larry53.jpg

• 4 weeks later...