Anyone having problem with Lowrance Transducer??

Claude

I have a Lowrance X510C on my small boat with a transom mounted xducer. The first few years I had it the unit worked flawlessly. Then it started to lose depth at speed in hard right turns. Now it loses bottom intermittently. I guess I will try a new xducer to see if that is the problem.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

While there are other things that could be wrong, best bet is your transducer is no good. I've replaced a quite a few of them on my LXC15MT and my LMS520C. I've had that same problem of them going bad over the winter. Work fine in the fall and then no good in the spring. Also had some fail midseason. So far I haven't had any transducer troubles since I swapped to the HDS5 but it is really a backup to my Furuno, so I'm not using the sonar part of it very much. Just using it for the GPS. The word seems to be to get an airmar transducer for your unit and your troubles will be over....so they say. Fortunately, most of the transducers that I replaced were covered by Lowrance, so I never bothered to get the airmar. However, if I do have to by a new one, I will go with the airmar for a few extra bucks. My Furuno uses an airmar and it works great.

While there are other things that could be wrong, best bet is your transducer is no good. I've replaced a quite a few of them on my LXC15MT and my LMS520C. I've had that same problem of them going bad over the winter. Work fine in the fall and then no good in the spring. Also had some fail midseason. So far I haven't had any transducer troubles since I swapped to the HDS5 but it is really a backup to my Furuno, so I'm not using the sonar part of it very much. Just using it for the GPS. The word seems to be to get an airmar transducer for your unit and your troubles will be over....so they say. Fortunately, most of the transducers that I replaced were covered by Lowrance, so I never bothered to get the airmar. However, if I do have to by a new one, I will go with the airmar for a few extra bucks. My Furuno uses an airmar and it works great.

Hi thanks for the tip, I will order an airmar transducer.

Regards

Claude

I run a LCX 111. I bought it new in 2007. I went through 2 transducers in the first couple seasons. I had similar symptoms...I would loose bottom, not mark fish as well, had to increase sensitivity to get it to mark the same as it used to at a lower sensitivity, etc. When I replaced the transducer, the symptoms went away. Once I put my third one on, after 2 went bad, I have never had another issue (knock on wood). Not sure if the quality/longevity was improved or i just got lucky with this one or unlucky with the 2 that went bad. I know I really like Lowrance products so I will continue to use them.

I do know that it is not good to turn your unit on while you are in the parking lot/out of water and have your transducer beam bouncing off of concrete or asphalt. It wears them out faster. Wait until your boat is in the water before you turn your unit on.

The problem has been that water is getting in them and it freezes over the winter. Its been a problem for years.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Hi ,

I called them and they told me that they do not know about this problem and they had no complaint about it.

Next one is Hummingbird.

Regards

Claude