Species Breakdown: salmon (chinho)

Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.6

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 375

Lure Depth: 130

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Decided to get one solo cruise out before the end of the season. Put in at the ramp and was the only one there. Went out to 100 fow dropped the fish hawk td to the bottom and it came back 72 degrees all the way down..:doh:..to much big wind the other day and all the warm water was inside. Head North I say, and went to the 27 line dropped again and temp changed at 95 down so started there with a rigger pulling a steely Dan mag down 95 and the other rigger with 42 second pro troll pulling an adrenaline ATOMIK fly. One dipsey out 340 with meat behind a green dot protroll.

Screen was phenomenal!..bait and hooks all over 110 to 135 down but very reluctant to hit. Followers coming from below so I dropped to 115 and 130 where most of the bait was showing. Some bait as deep as 155 feet. Reached up in my overhead storage box for a coolee for my cold water and it bailed out of the box rolled along the gunnel and dove in the lake...CRAP!...Hit the man overboard on the gps :lol:..returned to net it and it bobs out of the way...MAN!..so spinning around to get it again and the 130 rigger is off and running. 1/4 mile away its finally in the net. About 15 lb salmon on the deck. Managed to return back 1/4 mile to the the floating coolee, found it, amazingly, as it is blue like the water and the sun is getting low. Ok got that back and trolled till dark but no other action.

Actually I went out for the sunset. So for that I scored a Limit of eye candy. It was a very nice evening and comfortably cool without the humidity for once.

IMAG1313.jpg

photo hosting

Looks like a chinho..no defined character of one or the other. No tail spots to speak of...mouth white with black toungue and gums.

IMAG1315.jpg

up pic

Screen was loaded most of the troll especially after sundown.

IMAG1321.jpg

anonymous image hosting

This is why I troll until sundown! :yes:

Mark

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I thought I saw you leaving as I was cleaning up the Yank. The place to be was the flats and to the East in 115'. When we picked up yesterday afternoon it was getting good! Nice fish BTW!

Yeah I think I saw you down there and one other boat deeper. I was tempted to go down there near the glass house but so much warm water out of port there seemed a bit iffy. I saw huge amounts of bait out there and got my intrest up. The fish had eggs, and 12 rays in the anal fin so I gotta say its a coho.

IMAG1325.jpg

upload photo

Forked tail no spots

IMAG1324.jpg

keep photos online

12 rays in anal fin

IMAG1323.jpg

up pic

White mouth grey gums and black tongue....

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png