Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: lots

Total Boated:lots

Species Breakdown:kings, coho's, brown

Hot Lure: glow white in the morning, chrome with the sun, atomic hammer, mirage, pro am, ultra glow green

Trolling Speed: depended on the current, it was different going into it and with it

Down Speed: 1.8-2.2 was best

Boat Depth: 80-140

Lure Depth: close to bottom for the depth we were fishing

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

9/1: Started in the trench at Whaley's and worked to just beyond the lighthouse. Tons of boats and tons of fish. We fished from 6 am to 1 pm. Boated 19 salmon. 4 Coho and 15 kings. We did battle with 31 on and started the day 0 for 9 with snaps breaking boats running us over and cutting off, swivels straightening out. Anything that could of gone wrong did. we turned it all around and went on to have a great day despite losing more gear than anyone would want to. Chrome was good all day. Riggers and dipsy's set at 1 and with shorter leads when traffic aloud us to get them out. We got ran over twice with fish on the riggers but that is part of salmon fever combat fishing. We kept the coho's and released successfully the rest of the kings.

9/2: Went out of Stony Creek to avoid some traffic. Headed right out front to 125 fow. Set up spread with 500 copper, 2 dips, 3 riggers. Got set up around 3:30 and fished til 7. We went 6 for 8 with one coho. All chrome program again.

9/3: Launched out of Stoney Creek again and were welcomed by 4-6 footers. Weather man with 1 foot or less was way off. We set up in front of Lakeview and trolled toward the lighthouse in 125 fow. Riggers down 105 and dips out. Everything was on. We made 5 passes down and got our 9 fish and decided that was enough. 3 coho and the rest kings. Green glow echips were the ticket that day with ultra green glow atomic. Fished from 6:30 to noon.

9/4: Launched in Henderson to try to avoid the wind and waves. We ran out the the lighthouse and when we broke the corner we were welcomed by 6 footers with bigger ones mixed in. We turned around and stuck it out in the trench. It ende up being another good one. We went on to boat 10. Tally was 10 for 19. The 11" white echip down the middle was best that day. The dips were good at 265 and 245 on a 2 setting with glow white and glow green with pro ams. We kept one coho and 2 kings and successfully released the rest. Fished from 7 am to 2 pm.

9/5: Headed back to Henderson and launched there. The lake was like glass. Fish were down deep and could only get them to fire in 130-140 fow with the riggers down 125-135. Slow pick of kings and 1 coho. Slid in close to 85-90 fow and had good temp down 60 ft. Dips came alive and riggers down 75, 75, 74. We ended up 10 for 18 with a mix of one brown, one coho and the rest kings.

9/9: Launched out of Henderson and headed out to the islands to try some eyes. Had a bad case of the dropsies and lost 5 in the prop wash and boated one. The one we landed shook off as soon as it hit the net. Made a few more passes and the bite was off. We picked up and ran over to the lighthouse and set up a 5 rod set with 2 dips and 3 riggers. We could not get the dips going but the riggers were on fire. We made one pass from the lighthouse to Whaley's in 90 fow and had the wingers at 85 and the probe at 88. Ice house with a hammer fly, big silver down the middle with a pro am, and NBK with pro am on the other winger did the trick. Speed was tricky with the current again so the probe is critical for success! We went 9 for 11 in one long pass.

It was a fantastic week with alot of fish and quality time spent with family and friends! Here are a few of the pics. Hope you enjoy. We released alot of fish. After all how many do you need to keep? LOL!!!

uncle_bud.jpg

rick_king.jpg

king_board.jpg

jason_king.jpg

parker_king.jpg

parker_big_king.jpg

parker.jpg

lofti_big_king.jpg

lofti_chinook.jpg

Great post!! I fish out of henderson but I haven't been up in 2 years due to boat motor problems but I got all glitches out finally!!! will be up for the browns in the spring, Till then tight lines to all I learned alot reading the posts on this site Great job everone!!!! (PAP from PA.)

As of yesterday i heard that the kings are gone in the trench and the water is warm to 130 fow. Today is a new day. Good Luck! You may want to head toward and put more focus on the mouth of the salmon river. A huge run has made a push into the river since early this week. There are still many more to come.

As of yesterday i heard that the kings are gone in the trench and the water is warm to 130 fow. Today is a new day. Good Luck! You may want to head toward and put more focus on the mouth of the salmon river. A huge run has made a push into the river since early this week. There are still many more to come.

If the thermo sets up there might be some browns. We will be getting some light winds so it should give the water some time to calm down.

Was there this afternoon marked lots of fish hooked up on one. Didn't land it.(shoddy fishing) heading back in the am. Any input?

We hit it yesterday went 1 for 3. My wife caught her first King and my father-in-law went 0'fer. We got out a little late but stayed at it. It was definitely better in the morning then the afternoon. All ours were on riggers.

Chas- just wondering what depth of water you were fishing. I want to go out for some more kings but the last two weeks the fish have been anywhere from 80-90 ft and all the way out in the 140ft depth. Any info would be great. And I have noticed that the first 2-3 hours at first light has been best. Thanks James

Got caught in the north wind storm Friday evening, I know the trench is legendary for its sudden storms, but I NEVER want to relive making our way around the island to get back in. Been out a thousand times but only the fourth time for my father and I in the Thompson. They handled it awesomely ~ I on the other hand had to throw out my underwear;-).

Sunday morning was like glass, no fish hawk;-( , but it seemed they were still sitting on bottom, had limited time, got a few browns to fire in mid range

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Chas- just wondering what depth of water you were fishing. I want to go out for some more kings but the last two weeks the fish have been anywhere from 80-90 ft and all the way out in the 140ft depth. Any info would be great. And I have noticed that the first 2-3 hours at first light has been best. Thanks James

We ranged from 100'-130' and touched 140' a few times. There wasn't anything in shallow we trolled the NE end 80'-100' and there wasn't a mark on the screen. Once I got into the 100' on the Henderson side we hooked up with our 1st fish. After that we trolled back up in the same area and didn't have a mark (Sun started coming out) we headed deeper and started marking fish stacked on one another but were super tight to the bottom. I was fishing 5' from the bottom and could manage only 2 more hits. My best combo was a Mnt dew glow crush (I think that's what it was called) and UV Green fly. That combo took every hit off the riggers. I didn't have a single fish hit my spooks spoons or my dipsy spin dr. I had the dipsys down ~90'.

Basically when the sun came out they acted like walleyes and hugged the bottom in the deep water. We got more hits when it was over cast out than sunny.

I figured that when the sun came out the spooks would get busy but nothing.

Chas- thanks for the update... I am watching the weather and will be out in the next couple of days. Should have went Sunday but decided to go bang some geese in the cornfield. I have to watch the weather closely because I have an 18 ft PolarKraft and I don't like being out when it gets nasty out there. Was out one day this year and we were battling 6 footers... not fun... I will post a report once I hit the water before the weekend...