A Fishing League

Any interest in getting one started? I was tossing around the idea of one.

Probably fish just from the Oak or Sandy.

Two Saturdays in July and two in August.

Bring in your best 4 or 5 fish.

Points accumulate for an overall champ.

Not a huge entry fee. Maybe $50/boat for the daily payout, $10, for big fish at the daily payout, $15 towards league champs (1st and 2nd)?

I fish and live in Oswego and I have often thought of the same kind of idea. But why not do it like every other sporting event where there are divisions like in football. They have regular season play, then play offs, then Super Bowl. What I mean is organize it so the west end runs their own tourneys and east does the same ( under the same rules). Then only a certain amount of boats make it to the playoffs and then the fish bowl! It's perfect! The Fish Bowl! Small buy in to get more boats involved. Just my thoughts

I fish and live in Oswego and I have often thought of the same kind of idea. But why not do it like every other sporting event where there are divisions like in football. They have regular season play, then play offs, then Super Bowl. What I mean is organize it so the west end runs their own tourneys and east does the same ( under the same rules). Then only a certain amount of boats make it to the playoffs and then the fish bowl! It's perfect! The Fish Bowl! Small buy in to get more boats involved. Just my thoughts

I'm only one person, and wouldn't be able to hit up the East end boys. However, if we laid the ground work in the West someone could borrow or make it theirs in the East.

sounds like a bass derby...did you sell the bass boat...lol

Sure did.

Rick,

This is a TERRIFIC idea!

Not to rain on your parade, will I get a handicapped score like a poorer player with higher handicapped score against superior player wiht lower handicapped scores!!! Yes, I can catch fish but nothing close to playing with the PROs just like YT!

Just pulling your wool. Tight lines.

Rick,

This is a TERRIFIC idea!

Not to rain on your parade, will I get a handicapped score like a poorer player with higher handicapped score against superior player wiht lower handicapped scores!!! Yes, I can catch fish but nothing close to playing with the PROs just like YT!

Just pulling your wool. Tight lines.

:lol: Should everyone get a trophy at the end too? :lol: