deer bone for dog chew toy???

crumcake1223

im sure that the leg bones are dence enough but do you have to cook them? if so how long at what temp? i do not have a smoker yet so this ill be done on the gas grill or oven. thanks for the input and good luck to everyone. go get your trophy no matter how big or small

We raise cows, I looked into what to do with the bones on google it said not to cook then because they get brittle, give them to dogs raw. Tge first cow we had butchered I got the knuckles, they sat in tge freezer for 6 months before I found someone that wanted them. Since then I don't bother getting dog bones.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

We raise cows, I looked into what to do with the bones on google it said not to cook then because they get brittle, give them to dogs raw. Tge first cow we had butchered I got the knuckles, they sat in tge freezer for 6 months before I found someone that wanted them. Since then I don't bother getting dog bones.

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I'll take em'! :)

thanks guys!!! i have seen the sheds for sale at country max. i just dont want to waste deer anymore if i can help it. the meat feeds us great in my house and i process all my own. even got the 25# mixer this year. just trying to save and please the dog some. she loves her deer.