Species Breakdown: Kings and Coho

Hot Lure: hammer fly

Trolling Speed: 2.0 -2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 115' to 125 ' and 208'

Lure Depth: 110' & 120' Mexico , 140' &150' Oswego

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

==================== 1st. day at Mexico 3 hits and 2 - 12lb. Kings boated , 110' & 120' riggers. 2nd. day Oswego 4 hits none boated found fish in 208 ' fow. riggers at 140' &150' , Dipsey,s at 240' and 300' hits on all 4 rods. 3rd. day back at Mexico Pt. 4 hits one boated a 5lb. Coho . I am not sure if one of the Kings was a hybrid- Coho mix. What do you think.

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

Jersey Len, I was also up here fishing out of Mexico on 9/11,9/12 and 9/13. On 9/11 boated 6 fish ,on 8 hits. It was tough fishing , not like last week. Found the fish over by plant in 120 fow - 150 fow. Took all fish on riggers 105-120 down.

On 9/12 fished all day , same area. boat 3 fish.

On 9/13 fished till 11:30 am, one coho. That was my last trip for the year. The river was loaded with fish by the thousands.

P3434, I checked out the river on wed. early evening and saw lots of fish getting caught at the bridge in town. They were breaking water all over the place. I wondered how they all got by us in the Lake . I think all those big marks I saw on my fish finder right on the bottom in the last 2 weeks , which I thought were bait ,were really Salmon with lock jaw. They just would not bite. I will try something different next time around.

tight Lines

Len

Len the last 2 years I had good luck getting those fish laying on the bottom 2 strike by putting flys right in thier face. If it's 75 ft deep I'll run riggers with as much as 80ft out on the counter. When they get in shallow water I run rediculous long leads. such as 100ft back for 25ft of water. 75ft back for 50ft of water. Can only run 2 riggers that way. Sometimes it's hard to get the flasher to go down with 100ft leads and 12ft of water.