scent elimination?

Legacy

From the start of archery season right to the very end, i try to be as scent free as possible, right down to using scent free shampoo, deodorant, and soap. Whats everyones favorite scent elimination products? I just placed an order and this year i plan on using Dead Down Wind's entire line of products. Id love to hear everyones opinions.

im very big on scent control . we as hunters will never kill all scent , but we tame it down . i dont use the clothing . way to much money for a guy like me with 20 different suits ... just wash them and spray . keep the suits in a bin . and spray all yor layers . been doing this for years . and i see alot of deer .

im very big on scent control . we as hunters will never kill all scent , but we tame it down . i dont use the clothing . way to much money for a guy like me with 20 different suits ... just wash them and spray . keep the suits in a bin . and spray all yor layers . been doing this for years . and i see alot of deer .

:yes: also be very carefiul with your foot wear!! put your "go to the stand" boots separate from other foot wear!! put the boots on AFTER you exit the vehicle just before your hike in to the hunting spot. Bucks travel with there nose right on the ground does too...spray spray spray the feet and boots(scent killer fall blend) and make sure your feet stay dry...ton of odor coming here

also try not to linger at the bottom of the tree. be ready to clip the safety strap on your harness and get climbing!! get your smell off the ground!!

BE SAFE guys good luck

DDW :yes: & what trouthunter said! Also very important to plan routes to stands- mature bucks and dominant does are very careful to not travel towards the direction human tracks are heading ( yeah they don't take much time to figure this out) no matter how careful you are with boots,etc. WTs scent glands are keenest when humidity is high -so plan accordingly.

16 oz. (2 cups) Peroxide ( yes, I use the brown bottled stuff)

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water or water from a dehumidifier

¼ cup baking soda

1 oz. On non-scented shampoo (I use Hunters Specialties green shampoo)

(Or adjust amounts to whatever size you make accordingly)

Let sit for several days (1 gallon milk jug works good with lid loose)

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Good thread with the season starting in 2 weeks.

I've never really used a lot of scent control products in the past. I have taken a lot of precations, washing my clothes in distilled water, and storing them in a plastic bin with an open box of baking soda. However in doing some home work this summer, and considering I hunt the Bergen Swamp, I learning that this scent control is an important part of being successful on our swamp deer, both bucks and does.

With not a ton money to spend on stuff, I'll be trying Salmonite's recipe. Thanks for sharing that.

From the start of archery season right to the very end, i try to be as scent free as possible, right down to using scent free shampoo, deodorant, and soap. Whats everyones favorite scent elimination products? I just placed an order and this year i plan on using Dead Down Wind's entire line of products. Id love to hear everyones opinions.

Beano! :o:lol::D:rofl:

With not a ton money to spend on stuff, I'll be trying Salmonite's recipe. Thanks for sharing that.

it really works.. i always wondered if it really did till like i said before my dog got hit in the face by a skunk. I tried everything and he still stunk! I grabbed my scent spray and couple sprays and it was gone!

Rob,

Our group has been using DDW stuff for 3 seasons now and we are pleasd. We keep our cloths in air tight containers after being washed and we put them on outside before going into the woods. I have given up on the carbon lined stuff but i do wear silver thread base layers under my cloths because I believe it keeps bacteria growth down to a minimum which is where our body odor comes from and I always spray everthing down before heading out. I do believe it helps by keeping our humane scent imprint down on the property we hunt, there is no stopping some scent from getting to there nose but by keeping the parts per milon down i believe they are spooked less because they believe we are farther away than we realy are. JMHO.

Gene

I used DDW products last year and will use them again. Every little bit helps, but I still prefer to not hunt a stand unless the wind is right. My grandfather was a smoker and big time trapper/hunter who believed that smoke masked the human scent. He used to light and old stump on fire in the woods and took many deer as they came in to investigate the smell. He'd also use fox urine as a cover scent.

Shawn

I just use ALL (brand) fragrant free washing liquid on my clothes with a earth scent dryer sheet. Then on person I use fragrant free soap and shampoo. No need to buy the name brand stuff when its all the same. I do use a cover scent when in the woods but I leave my clothes after washing in a rubbermaid tote with earth scent disks.

I use womens deodorant and crest tooth paste for my body every day. On the days I hunt Ill immediately spray myself down with that 99% scent free stuff after I get off my atv. As you can tell, I don't take it as serious as you guys do, but Ill soak myself down pretty good with that spray. I see plenty of deer and haven't noticed any spooking from me. My antler collection is pretty big to prove at least to myself that the time it takes to go through all the extra steps isn't worth it for me. I also, pass quite a bit of gas in my stand also.lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I use womens deodorant and crest tooth paste for my body every day. On the days I hunt Ill immediately spray myself down with that 99% scent free stuff after I get off my atv. As you can tell, I don't take it as serious as you guys do, but Ill soak myself down pretty good with that spray. I see plenty of deer and haven't noticed any spooking from me. My antler collection is pretty big to prove at least to myself that the time it takes to go through all the extra steps isn't worth it for me. I also, pass quite a bit of gas in my stand also.lol

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I actually laughed out loud when I read this^^ :rofl:

I think just quitting smoking 5 years ago was the biggest thing I could have done. Neither the car or the house have been smoked in so my gear doesn't pick up that smell.

Bravo Mortigan!!! get rid of those f^%$&**ing things!!! I hunted with smokers for years who actually tried to convince me that their smoking in the stand covered human odor....whoa :@

They never killed many deer either ;)

what about your nasty breath, body odor and stinking butts layin around!!

Hey yer alot heathier now to :yes:

Tomorrow looks good for a stand check, wet rainy weather..love it

16 oz. (2 cups) Peroxide ( yes, I use the brown bottled stuff)

16 oz. (2 cups) Distilled Water or water from a dehumidifier

¼ cup baking soda

1 oz. On non-scented shampoo (I use Hunters Specialties green shampoo)

(Or adjust amounts to whatever size you make accordingly)

Let sit for several days (1 gallon milk jug works good with lid loose)

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Hey thanks, gonna try this :yes:

2 things Rob, hunt the wind!! And the most important rule for me is dont wear your pants INSIDE your boots!!! Ever since i stopped doing that my %%% has gone way up! Think about it you put your pants inside your boots and go hunting for a few hours, walk to and from you stand??? Then get back to your truck and put all your scent free camo into your scent free rubber bin like everyone else, and let your cloths sit till the next time you go back out. All feet stink no matter what, but no one thinks about it because there boots trap the scent that comes from them. But now the bottum 8-12inches of your pants SMELL LIKE FEET :puke: , and with them saturating the rest of your clothes with stank a$$ feet wile sitting in a air tight bag or bin you smell like one big foot the next time you enter the woods!! Try it makes a big differnce. :beer::yes:

Matt

-Jakey Baby-