Sad day for Total Chaos!

Total Chaos

What was supposed to be the last trip of the year and then pulling the boat, I was delt a devasting blow at 2:30 this morning. I woke up to my alarm and found my Beloved Chocolate Lab, Tugger under severe deress. I tried to get him to the hospital but he died on the way. I'm devestated. I know as a pet owner you know it's going to happen at some point but I lived thinking he would be with me forever. Or at least hoping he would. We all say our pet was the best but Tugger was truely an awsome Lab. He was always a family dog and loved everone he met. My daughter was sometimes rough with him pulling his ears and such and he never gave a care. He was always by my side on walks and always layed in bed with me until age (he was 12 1/2) kept him from getting up on it. Then he would lay next to it. He loved Christmas and his birthday because he would get topen hi presents. I'm not joking when I say he opened them. He was like a kid at the holidays waiting for his gifts. Everytime I got a deer he was as excited as me when I brought it home. I never duck hunted with him but he was awesome at Grouse, Pheasants and Woodcock. He had a great nose and was one of only a few dogs that I saw pick up a Woodcock. My other Lab wouldn't touch them. Dozer my other Lab is Tuggers brother. Tugger would take care of him like you wouldn't believe. Anyway once I took my nephew on a youth Pheasnt hunt and after only getting 1 bird in the rain soaked morning we headed for the truck. My nephew really wanted a rooster as the bird he got was a hen. On the way back there was 1 hedgerow left and I got Andrew in place for a possible flush. Tugger went over to check it out and got birdy real quick. I told Andrew to get ready and sure enough the bird flushed. Of course on the other side of it where there was no shot. So down the hedgerow goes Tugger with Andrew in tow. I see Tugger cut in and I tell Andrew to get ready. About 10 seconds later out pops Tugger with the rooster in his mouth. Andrew was mad but I was proud as a peacock. Now I no what Tugger was thinking, Dad< Andrews missed way to many today and I wasn't taking any chances this time. So home we went with 2 birds and 2 happy Labs. I could go on for a while about Tuggers hunting ability but I'm sure you'd get bored. Tugger didn't much like trolling the big pond though. Not sure why but boating wasn't his thing, or Dozers for that matter. Tugger was a great Pet and a Great Friend to us and we miss him dearly already. Writing this helps me deal but I can tell you my ears aren't dry. We still have Dozer but by the look on his face when he saw Tugger this morning, he may not be here long either. He misses him and it shows. I'm done for the season as I don't feel much like fishing right now. Good luck to all who get a few more trips in this year and I'll see you next season.

Total Chaos

Photo_0005.jpg

Here's another pic, Tugger is on the right Dozer on the left. A happy day for all of us in 09'

P7200239.jpg

THANKS FOR SHARING AND BUMMER DUDE ,in the same breath.....Sorry for the loss of yer pet,buddy,best friend..all in one..Times are hard when ya gotta say good by for the last time ,at 55 ive been blessed to have had many great pets with wonderfull stories for each....Great day to reflect!

PS.after loosing our beagle a year ago we said it was our last dog , but the wife had a change of heart and we adopted a borded collie,wow what a blessing...

Hang in their dude ,................

Ray K.

IMG_20110930_00011.jpg

Photo521.jpg

So sorry for your loss. It so hard to lose a family member, even the dogs in our lives.

Labs are great pets and there are many that need to be rescued too.

When the time is right, please look at the ones that need to be rescued as well.

Tight lines Brian.

Thanks everyone. It's been a tough day. I know we will weather the storm but it will take a while. Dozer seems lost without his brother. Hope he weathers the storm as well and hangs on for a few more memory filled years.

Total Chaos

Very sorry for your lose, I lost my long time fishing buddy and thought I could never be so lucky to have such a great dog but about a year later i got another fishing buddy and she was appropriately named Remedy (as in remedy for the loss of my dog Slash). It sucks but he will always be with you.

It is a double edged sword.. You can not beat the companionship of a good dog, but it makes it that much harder to say good bye..

I hope you get some comfort in the great memories that you made together...

I am going to give my English Springer Cooper an extra hug and some extra attention tonight..

My thought and prayers are with you and your family!!!

What a crappy day...I'm in the same boat, with a lab that's nearing 13...any day now I expect to be in your shoes, the signs are there. It's a tough thing to go through, but hang in there. You've got a lot of brothers here on the board that feel for you.

So sorry for your loss. I lost my lab to old age at 16 a month ago...got her when she was 5 weeks old..still feeling the pain. There's nothing that compares to a dogs companionship. Come home from a bad day at work and there they are always happy to see you.

Remebering all the good times will get you through it. When my lab was about 6 months old she liked to chew on things so I kept her in a kennel while at work, she got into the routine of going into the box while I was in the shower, sometimes I'd forget to shut the door. One Friday evening I came home from the worst day ever at work and there's Toby laying in the middle of the floor with what looked like a dozen mice in front of her. A closer look revealed every plug off of every appliance in my house....stereo, tv, vcr, 3 lights, air conditioner, clock, cordless phone, answering machine....chewed off with 2 to 3 inches of cord left. Anger was soon overcome with laughter as she ran over and layed her head on my lap...as to say sorry.

Took a while to repair everything but at least she left me a little cord to work with and a life long memory...still trying to figure out how she didn't get electricuted.

Hang in there and give your extra attention to Dozer.

You're never fully prepared for this day even when you know it's coming. To all who have lost a friend like my Tugger You know how I feel as you went thru it to. I'm sorry for that. For those who are going to have to go thru it. We're all here for you. I had mixed feeling about posting but I'm glad I did as the replies have helped more than you know. Today is the first full Day without Tugger and to say I hurt is an understatement. I spent the better part of the morning making up his final resting spot that would be fit for a king. I know he's saying, what are you doing dad? I spent a lot of quality time with Dozer today as well. He's hurting to. He's not use to being without Tugger. Plus he misses getting his ears and eyes cleaned by him. For some reason Tugger loved to clean Dozers ears and eyes on a daily basis. I told you before he really took care of his brother. Thanks again, you guys are a big help in a bad situation.

Brian

Total Chaos

I went back a read my original post. I must have been a mess cause there was a lot of typos.

"I went back a read my original post. I must have been a mess cause there was a lot of typos."

Were used to Ray's posts so we had no trouble with it :lol: Nice meeting you at Randy's camper in Selkirk this Aug.

Very sorry Brian !!! I been there and it sucks each and every time, never easy. I have had dogs my entire life since birth, I remember each and every one !!!

Doesn't seem fair sometimes such a short life span in comparison to us, for the strongest commitment in the world a pet will share with its owner(s). They are a true friend to the end, they don't hold grudges and they are there for you through it all

RIP Tugger

Tom

Sorry to hear that Brian, it really is a tough thing to go through. Few years ago our family's Doberman Hunter passed due to cancer, not long after that our GSD Heidi passed too. Vet couldn't figure it out, must have been a broken heart. Give extra love to Dozer, he is hurting too. It really is too bad that they live such short lives.

RIP Tugger

From all the posts, it again proves that old adage “Dog is mans best friendâ€

Sadfully less than a week ago, we had our best friend Ripp put down after 12 fun years. A Siberian Husky who brought lots joy and laughter to our lives. He was a talker who he thought he was human. He loved all people food, especially pizza and spaghetti so maybe he was Italian. He also loved his walks around the campground at K&G. He didn’t fish with us but that was only to protect him from hooks and other things that could happen on a boat.

He surcome to a tick borne disease. Unbeknown to me, ticks can carry several diseases. He was an indoors pet and received his yearly shots, including the limes shot. Now I’m thinking the Frontline stuff may have prevented this from happening. Who knows.

Brian, I feel your pain.

ripp.jpg

hat.jpg

snow0002.jpg