Pro-Am Tournaments in 2013

Has anyone heard, or can anyone on the tournament commitee comment, on what the fate of the Pro-Am's is going to be for next year? Are the east end events going to happen? Same format as this year, or going back to the old format or using a new format? I assume the tournament commitee is or will be discussing the series this fall - I just hope the details for the series for next year are finalized well in advance of the season and not sprung on the fleet last minute like this past year. 8)

Many of us are wanting to know the status of the Pro-Ams. I think it will take local coordination and the formats/rules revisited. I completely understand the frustration, as anyone looking to participate will need to know dates and what is a go or no. I wish I could answer but I have heard nothing. By the sounds of things, Niagara and Orleans will be held, but Sodus and Oswego are up in the air.

Didn't sodus have over 60 boat combined this year? It has been quite strong all along. Maybe we can combine the two east events to sodus and that would increase participation you would think? Or does I have nothing to do with participation and more to do with tr organizing?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

I haven't met anyone who travels the lake fishing Tournaments, that doesn't think Sodus is a great location. I sure hope someone or a business group steps up there, because we love visiting there and the area certainly gets a financial "shot in the arm" from these 2 day events.

Despite the negativity circulating prior to last seasons event, it was full of newer teams. Drawing from Rochester and Oswego to add to all the boats in Sodus, this area has huge potential if we can bring back the teams from the past. It's time to listen to the "customers"(players). Being able to walk to everything from the boat is sweet, and makes for a fun atmosphere.

Regardless of the status of the Pro Am, We are entertaining the thoughts of a tournament that would fall maybe between the summer and fall L.O.C. Providing that we can gather the support and the interest, we can develope a first class tournament here in Sodeus Point. There are a lot of things that must be considered when organizing such events. One thing for sure is there will be tounament here.

Absolutely Tom, That will be one of the main things to look at and as this event is being developed I'm sure we will be doing a lot of research and digging for input. Would be nice to try and fit in with the tounaments that are already established in the area as far as date wise goes.

OH BOY WAIT UNTIL I TELL MY GIRLFIREND THAT THERE IS ANOTHER TOURNAMENT IM GOING TO BE FISHING THIS YEAR. SHES GONNA LOVE IT. THATLL MAKE 16 TOURNAMENTS ILL BE FISHING INSTAD OF THE 15 I DID LAST YEAR. HELL THE MORE THE MERRY. YOU MAKE IT I WILL COME!!! CANT WAIT UNTIL APRIL. IT GOES BY SO FAST I HATE IT.. BUT THAT ONLY MAKES IT MORE ENJOYABLE WHEN THE TIME COMES. HAVE A GREAT WINTER EVERYONE SEE YAS IN THE SPRING.

CASEY

All I know is I watched Casey catching pan fish off the back of Cold Steel at the dock at Sodus Friday afternoon before the Proam. The guy was picking out the fish he was going to catch and he did it with a bare hook. I couldn't believe it and I've seen the fish that she catches. Can you imagine what their kids are going to be like. They'll probably fishing the Pro circuit at ten years old.

Way to step up, Troy. The best date to choose without stepping on other events would be the traditional Sodus dates of the old Pro-Am. Other than that, possibly the week before if the O-town event doesn't happen. You shouldn't have to go it alone, those waterfront establishments do well with the captive audience in town for 4+ days.

Rick and Pete lmfbo!!! Jimmyi the bare hook thing is something we are taught at a very young age here in PA!!! lol :rofl:

Cmon' Casey, what else are you taught in PA? "over the rail...in the pail"!! and "forget the ruler... put it in the cooler"!! :rofl::rofl: I can't take credit for that! Someone here brought that to my attention :D

US PA'ER WOULDNT HAVE TO KEEP ALL THE FISH WE CATCH IF MY DIDNT CHARGE US SOME MUCH FOR AN OUT OF STATE LICENSE!! LOL THE BEST ANGLERS ARE BORN AND BRED IN PA!! LMBO PETE DO YOU ICE FISH AT ALL?

Ice fishing is the only "excuse to drink beer sport" I won't participate in!! :beer: Not to say its a bad thing.. maybe some day. just havn't found the right situation.

Are you guys having your big ice tourny again this year??

Pete, that wasn't "ice fishing", it was what I would call, "winter harvest". I don't know what lake they were on, but I saw pics and I'm pretty sure the lakes now fished out. Anything that breathes below the surface was laying on the ice in a pile. I think I even saw a few Mud puppies. Good eats!

Word on the street is there is legislation being worked on to prevent that gang from EVER fishing a single body of water at the same time again--with the exception of Lake O. I think they finally got around to finishing up filleting(mud puppies, skinning?) them yesterday.

Pete, that wasn't "ice fishing", it was what I would call, "winter harvest". I don't know what lake they were on, but I saw pics and I'm pretty sure the lakes now fished out. Anything that breathes below the surface was laying on the ice in a pile. I think I even saw a few Mud puppies. Good eats!

Word on the street is there is legislation being worked on to prevent that gang from EVER fishing a single body of water at the same time again--with the exception of Lake O. I think they finally got around to finishing up filleting(mud puppies, skinning?) them yesterday.

LOLOL!!! Team Webber is already planing on goin back just to make sure we got them all!

LMAO Vince... I was actually invited last year, but my professional intuition told me it may not be a good idea to attend!! All I could think of was a DEC guy saying to me ""and your a COP!!!"" :D:D

Vince: If you only knew the whole story:

Dave had asked if I knew a quiet secluded place where he could take a friend or 2 to fish the ice

Told me it was all in fun and just a place to get away with a few close friends and family who wanted to catch a "few" fish and even his dad, Dave said my dad Tom, he is a quiet dude

Enter:

THE BIGGEST HUCKLEBUCK JOB EVER COMMITTED

No less than 36 guys, who paired up in like 16 teams who brought down the ice level, threatened anyone else who normally frequents this "back woods" scene, killed everything that ate an ice jig or a minnow and yes even worms !!!! Shot off fireworks I heard, I think I heard of some fire "arms" witnessed as well and like 8 power augers and 9 wheelers, mostly equipped with flat bed trailers and gun racks.

I heard they charged admission to any and all who wanted to come out for bait usage and best part is I heard his DAD FRANK WAS THE HEAD OF IT ALL !!!!

PA !!!!!

Tom

Vince: If you only knew the whole story:

Dave had asked if I knew a quiet secluded place where he could take a friend or 2 to fish the ice

Told me it was all in fun and just a place to get away with a few close friends and family who wanted to catch a "few" fish and even his dad, Dave said my dad Tom, he is a quiet dude

Enter:

THE BIGGEST HUCKLEBUCK JOB EVER COMMITTED

No less than 36 guys, who paired up in like 16 teams who brought down the ice level, threatened anyone else who normally frequents this "back woods" scene, killed everything that ate an ice jig or a minnow and yes even worms !!!! Shot off fireworks I heard, I think I heard of some fire "arms" witnessed as well and like 8 power augers and 9 wheelers, mostly equipped with flat bed trailers and gun racks.

I heard they charged admission to any and all who wanted to come out for bait usage and best part is I heard his DAD FRANK WAS THE HEAD OF IT ALL !!!!

PA !!!!!

Tom

Don't forget......we ate like champs and drank Pineapple Bombers!

C'mon Pete ... Vince and Tom you should join as well the more the merry.. alright the more the more fish that will lie on the ice.. I first hand will tell you no laws were broken during this event.. all waiver forms signed on land.. no fish was wasted either.. 20.3 pounds of bullhead fillets and the carcasses were warren by local raccoons here in PA.. Tom lmbo.. you of all people should have known Dave was hucklebucking ya.. team Weber 2013ice fishing festival will not disapoint..Vince I hear Dex might make an appearance along with nick... wouldn't be right without their leader being there..

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

• 1 month later...

If there will be new coordination for a Sodus Summer Tournament, please consider setting your dates soon. We are approaching year-end, and many of the participants will need to submit for their vacations and Charterboats schedule their crews. Consider capitalizing on the momentum from last year and keep the same dates. There were several new teams,and quite a few others who would come back with a return to the more popular traditional rules.