Hydra Bowl Seneca

guff

I think this power boat race is coming to the north end of Seneca this weekend. Does anyone know how it will affect fishing? 1- Is Geneva launch closed (I imagine it is) and for how long? 2- How much of the lake is shut off for fishing over the weekend and for how long?

Those guys are nuts. In the video on the website some guy wipes out and flies at least 50 feet in the air!

On a related note when taking my boat out Sunday afternoon some dude had a customized boat, looked like he did the work himself. Only 16-17 feet, a regular looking powerboat but it must've had an oversized motor in it. Huge dual exhaust tubes, he fired it up for some reason while just sitting at the dock and I had to put my earmuffs back on. ( I wear them while running my motor.)

That thing was cranking out well over 100 dB, it was one of the loudest things I've ever heard. No muffler. Even louder than the time my truck exhaust came off at the manifold. The boat probably goes like the dickens but that amount of noise should be illegal. Just stupid loud. :o:no:

Over the years I have been on the lake three times when they had hydro races and I can tell you it is no fun for fishermen. I launched at Sampson thinking I might avoid the whole thing and the noise and "vibrations" in the water are unreal. The fish totally turned off despite the distance from the boats.... the noise is VERY loud even miles away....it is not even worth going out...

Sk8man

Over the years I have been on the lake three times when they had hydro races and I can tell you it is no fun for fishermen. I launched at Sampson thinking I might avoid the whole thing and the noise and "vibrations" in the water are unreal. The fish totally turned off despite the distance from the boats.... the noise is VERY loud even miles away....it is not even worth going out...

Sk8man