best wire combos available

Ok, I get that these days the wire rods are a must have and I have old diawa 47 rigs from the 80s I ran and they are a pain to reel in for the wife and I. I also have copper now but it saw little use this season. I need a wire set that I don't have to pump in to retrive. What's a good outfit that won't break the bank.

Roughrider

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

The talora roller rod is amazing, if you can afford it.

A more wallet friendly option is the rapala RSC 10 ft roller guide rods - about $120 per rod cheaper.

Not as good as the talora's but they are still really, really good.

Go for the Oukuma Convector 30D reel - best value for money, and holds up fine.

I may be wrong but it appears that his complaint was that he couldn't reel it straight in and it required pumping. This would lead me to think he needs a slower retrieve rate or longer reel handle. Basically a granny gear such as the Penns everyone complains about for copper. The trade off will be the slowness. I think someone mentioned a Power reel handle mod that someone offers for diawas. Someone chime in if they know of them.

He could also have his wife do the walk retrieve if he has enough room on his boat for a few steps. Few steps back and retrieve while walking forward. This is how we do most of our copper and wire rods on both the tourney team and charters. It works very well and puts an even pressure on the fish.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

I think any roller rod with a high speed reel will be a big upgrade. I also found the 10 ft ugly stik diver rods to be user friendly for a non-roller rod. The starfires def wear you out. I'd love to try out one of those rapala rods mark keeps mentioning. But we ain't got no Canadian tire in NY!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png