Asian Carp politics

Matthew

I can't think of any reason to vote for him...including Asian Carp control, and it is too bad that it should come down to a political solution. Politics are fast becoming something of a joke on any front. Let's just say if it is up to any president or prime minister for that matter it will be a long time for a solution and we don't have time for it in our lifetime or even here on this forum. Our voices together CONSTANTLY can only help maintain someone's focus. But 10000 members of this forum are not even a drop in the bucket.

There is never a guarantee that the one put in office will do anything right for all of us. Only some of us.

If Asian carp threatened golf courses I'm sure this president would get right on it....just me FWIW..:(

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Sorry, you are barking up the wrong tree.

The Asian carp is a matter that is in the hands of Illinois. It is not a federal matter and as such, the feds have very little authority. If you want to talk to the people stopping the closing of the canal in Chicago,you should talk to the big barge transport companies (you know who big business votes for). These companies could not care less about our precious ecosystem in the lakes. They care about money.

Sorry but you are wrong to point your finger at Obama on this one.

Let's see - we have 1 guy with Chicago as his home town & another from big business. hmmmmmm... I can't see that city nor the shipping industry being forced to give an inch on the issue. Actually. it's the corps of Engineers that could stop it and even though Fed treaty just signed, I don't forsee funding being freed up from anywhere to prevent it.

I am from Canada. I am curious if the fact that Obama has done nothing concrete to stop the Asian Carp from reaching the Great Lakes. Will this influence your voting for the next USA President?

Hate them all! :rofl:

When does the next batch of torpedo wire come in? Sorry for the off topic I sent an email to your company but maybe it didn't make it through.

Absolutely a federal mater. US Corps of Engineers has jurisdiction of the canal and waterway since it is a navigable waterway.

That's why Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Minnesota sued the Corps (not the State of Illinois or the City of Chicago) to try to get the study completed sooner and the locks closed. Case went all the way to the Supreme Court who sided with the Corps.

Obama is spending $51.5 million this year to "study" the problem and operate the electronic fish barrier- which is highly unlikely to stop the carp migration into Lake Michigan. Reminds me of someone who fiddled while Rome burned.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... XCNYDIFfnw

Above is a presidential candidate pledge form (pdf) that you can print and send to help ones decision-making processes.

Sponsored by Healing Our Waters Coalition...Cleveland Plain Dealer editorial on the political issue

http://greatlakesontheground.com/2012/0 ... es-voters/

Mark

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png