Problem with twists...

Kuba

Im getting twists etc in my lines, especially when im trying to setup my manual downriggers, if there is any slack in the line i usually endup with a line around the tip of my rod and have to untangle it. I use SDs and spoons, i have two swivels before each and two after the SD. Whats wrong?

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Are they spinning freely? I have had a swivel get sticky (for unknown reasons) and do the same. I am guessing your using mono. I forgot to ask if it is a swivel or ball bearing swivel. You have to run ball bearing swivels no matter what otherwise the swivel will get stuck in its rotation.

What Chas said, ball bearing swivels. Don't use cheap swivels, they will cost you more tackle and lost fish in the long run because of twisted line.

When you are trolling with flashers you need quality swivels. As soon as I find a problem with a swivel putting twists in the line, I cut it off. Before retieing, I let about 100' of line off the back of the boat, nothing on it, and let pull through the water for a few minutes. This will get most of the twists out of the, and keep you from loosing fish and tackle.