Oneida New World Record Tiger Musky from Oneida?

I believe it's fake. I'm sure we would have seen some more verifying info by now. Didn't this occur last year with a supposedly world record fish being caught locally? Even the photo doesn't look right? Anyone recognize the background behind the guy holding the fish?

That one is a Dutch guy with a monster pike caught a few years ago. Photo shows up as "local" every season.

Joe - any more info on this one? I don't find any record of it online (report, photo, news article...).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a forensics expert but there are certainly some questinable aspects to the photo when it is expanded larger. First is the fact that the sky in the background is very uniform blue and looks a little saturated in color, second is that the shadowing on the guys shirt doesn't exactly match up with the fish in its foreground, third is that the area between the fishs gill between the guy and fish appears white and should be the blue sky, fourth is the white halo around the tops of the trees in the background which usually comes from the sky being inserted into the pic without removing the actual background, and fifth is that part of the shadow near the guys pants is colored BLUE on the boat in the background and it should not show color as a shadow.

Sk8

I'm not a forensics expert but there are certainly some questinable aspects to the photo when it is expanded larger. First is the fact that the sky in the background is very uniform blue and looks a little saturated in color, second is that the shadowing on the guys shirt doesn't exactly match up with the fish in its foreground, third is that the area between the fishs gill between the guy and fish appears white and should be the blue sky, fourth is the white halo around the tops of the trees in the background which usually comes from the sky being inserted into the pic without removing the actual background, and fifth is that part of the shadow near the guys pants is colored BLUE on the boat in the background and it should not show color as a shadow.

Sk8

Not sure about any of your forensics but I am pretty sure almost all of the leaves around Oneida Lake are much more Yellow and Gold than the green as shown in these pics. May be a real pic but not from Oneida Lake last weekend in my opinion.

P.S. Did we have "Bluebird" skies last weekend? I thought it was pretty cloudy over the weekend.