Skaneateles Skaneatles

tpr39

last year this time i had great sucessfor smallies on west side of lake 3 -4 points up cant remember exactly how many not as far up as marina there is an abunbudance of structure in water there there are old submerged docks and railroand tracks and all kinds of other structue if nice calm day wacky rigged sencos or tube s do the trick if all else fails dont hesitate to eve n throw some jigging spoons in a little deeper water i had a day last year where i just killed them on jigging spoons when nothing else would work

Skaneateles is by far my most favorite fingerlake. Its always so quiet, and the water is the cleanest ive seen. Has a natural green color to it. Not alot of bait. The fish are on the small side, but it makes up for it with its beauty. A bonus bow is always nice too!~

Yup too early. If you want.an adventure, go out at dusk, set up around any point in 5 fow and anchor. Fish crawlers with mini marshmallows on the hook tip. Slip sinker rig. Toss em out and wait. When a school blows thru, all hell breaks loose! Stay out all night. Its a blast.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Had the day off today so I wanted to check out things on Skinny. Arrived at the lauch @ 6:30 and with nobody there yet that told me all I needed to know, still to early. Launched the boat and tried the east side went 1 for 2 on bows. 17" and the one I lost was about the same. Orange & Black needle fish & perch rapala off boards took the hits. Should be happening soon. :yes: Handful of guys perch fishing. I guess I picked the wrong fish to target today. :)