Steelhead fishing?

Most have put the boat away already. Those still fishing are staying shallow.

The Fish Hawk works in any depth of water. Down speed and temp are what you get. I'd target the mouths of streams, creeks, whatever you have in your area for spawing. Browns are in close, as are the salmon. Steelhead might also be there, getting ready to enter after the salmon finish, to eat their eggs. You might try starting very shallow and troll out, looking for concentrations of fish. I'd stay in tight.

Once the lake turned over I moved out to 300-to 500 fow, the fish were scattered all over so you had to run boards divers and riggers to find the fish but youcould still get a desent box. never pulled the boat out till Nov.Theres nothing like a calm day in Oct. out on the lake away from the crowds. Don't go out there alone with out a radio and a kicker or twin engines, you will be all alone out there. :o

The offshore steelhead bite can be amazing at this time of the year. Fish from the thermalcline to the surface with bright spoons and troll around 2.8 to 3.2 and cover lots of water looking for active fish. The immiture kings are we used to fish 100 down and they seemed to be in that zone.

Once the lake turned over I moved out to 300-to 500 fow, the fish were scattered all over so you had to run boards divers and riggers to find the fish but youcould still get a desent box. never pulled the boat out till Nov.Theres nothing like a calm day in Oct. out on the lake away from the crowds. Don't go out there alone with out a radio and a kicker or twin engines, you will be all alone out there. :o

Same here. There are some Cohos out there now.

Last year my last trip was after thanks giving. In 50 feet of water there were plenty lakers ,browns and a lot of smallmouth bass.

Is there steelhead / teen salmon in 200 ft + water this time of year ? Just bought a fish hawk and want to try it out Sunday . Wondering where to fish in/out

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png

Yes.

There are Steelehead and 2 yr old Kings out over deep water.

Look for suspended bait.

Glen