Items Stolen...

Recently, my boat, and two other captains boats were broke into.(Presque Isla Bay, Erie, PA)

24 rods/reels were stolen from the cabin of my boat...

-8 Shimano Tekota 500LC's with mono

-4 Shimano Tekota 600LC's with 7-strand wire

-4 Shimano Tekota 600LC's with 30# Spectra Braid(green)

-2 Shimano Tekota 300LC's with leadcore

-8 Shimano Blue Diamond 8'6" medium rigger rods

-4 Shimano Talora Diver rods, 9' and 10'

-4 Diawa Heartland rods with Twilli Tips, 8'6" and 10'

-6 Diawa 27SH Reels with leadcore

-8 St. Croix Planer Board Rods, 7' and 8'6"

If you have any info pertaining to this case, please call Erie Police or myself(Ken)724.681.0756

There is a reward involved.

New security measures have been taken as to insure this never happens again.

Thank you.

Ironhed

p.s. If I find out who did this, I am going to break your legs. Promise.

Captain:

Sorry to hear about that. Just turns my stomach.

I was just in Erie today, and walked along the main pier looking at charter row.

Wish Dunkirk was up to speed.

Any chance you could post what else was taken from the other boats?

You never know...someone on this board may come across something.....

Hope they catch the bastar*s.

John

Captain:

Sorry to hear about that. Just turns my stomach.

I was just in Erie today, and walked along the main pier looking at charter row.

Wish Dunkirk was up to speed.

Any chance you could post what else was taken from the other boats?

You never know...someone on this board may come across something.....

Hope they catch the bastar*s.

John

Capt. John,

There were 12 Okuma 30's(not sure of models) and 12 Erie Series 8'6" 'rigger rods taken from a boat 2 slips over from myself. He also had 6 perch rods taken, not sure of models/sizes. He said they were a mixed up set, no 2 of the same. Another boat had a Cutco fillet knife taken and the helm area ransacked.

Thanks to everyone for reading and keeping an eye out!

Capt. Ken

Very sorry to hear your bad news. Bas_ _ _ds ! I hope your insurance covers it.....The problem,you have been invaded! Takes a lomg time to recover from that. My condolances to you! Steve........................

Ken,

Good chance your stuff will show up for sale on craigslist or ebay soon...dont know if there are any pawn shops in Erie but you might want to check that out too. You picked a good place to post, alot of us are in the same boat and watch for stuff for sale all the time. I doubt whoever stole your stuff is dumb enough to try and sell to local bait shops but might wanna check with them too.

Hope you catch the guy(s)....there's too much of this crap going on lately, a couple broken legs might send a strong message.

I'm really sick and tired of this stealing of fishing stuff, you work your ass off to purchase quality rods and reels to have some scumbag steal them from you,I know how you feel, I had a depthfinder stole out of my boat a few years back it was a good one also I might add, then I screwed up my back needed surgery and never could scrape enough $$ to match what I had, every boat I saw I looked to see if they had the same one as I and if they did I made it a point to check it out. My father passed away and what little was left I used that to buy the unit, we allways fished together 30 some years, so that was like taking my dad away, every time we would nail a fish the guy's would say (you did it again Jim/my dad) If I would have ever cought the bastard I would of gilled him hung over board to bleed out. So I hope you guy's find this guy and make an example out of him, the law isn't enough, time to take matters into our own hands because it's only going to get worse! with the economy in the condition it's in people will do what ever it takes to make a couple of quick bucks at everyone elses expence.I personally believe in an eye for an eye, till next time stick everything up our ass it,s the only safe place any more!!!!!

Man....at least the fourth or fifth (can't recall) stolen property posting this year on LOU. How many others R not being made mention of here? Vengeance expressions help to blow off steam (needed) and can help put other eyes on the matter. Thieves may "get off" on hearing or thinking they have pissed off and made people feel bad. Everybody who scrimps and saves or just flat out honestly owns (not through thievery!) stuff needs to think through how to protect it. Don't leave stuff for too long unguarded, keep things locked out of sight if possible, try not to make assumptions on any given area's relative security, and if possible, insure the goods. And keep in the back of the mind that given all of that, **** still can happen! It's an age old problem. Nothing new. It is at least a good thing that most of these kinds of thefts are cowardly, behind the back type rip-offs. You'll know it will be bad when confrontational, even weapons point robberies over tackle and such occurs. Let's just hope this stuff stays with the original thief and does not get purchased and used by another....That seems like maybe NOBODY cares what they have and how they got it!