10/02 Eight Point

Hookedup

I didn't get to hunt on the 1st but I got to get out for a couple hours before work yesterday morning. As most of you know the bucks are pounding the acorns and if you can find a good patch of white oaks not far from a bedding area you can put them down :D . I had a trail cam out for two weeks looking at some big white oaks and had over twenty bucks hitting the area in the daylight with eight of them worth shooting. As the sky lightened up yesterday morning the first three bucks showed up, then at 7:20 one of the eights I have pics of walked under the tree at five yards. I have some bigger ones on camera and on the wall but I had to give the new Mathews a work out :lol: . Got him cleaned out and tagged up, hunt was over in an hour and I was on way to work. Now the rest of the season will be taking out the girls for a doe and shooting video of bucks.

2012-10-02_08-11-49_957.jpg

IMG_9670.jpg

Good deer man! I'm glad someone is seeing deer. I have been skunked so far this year. Looking forward to hunting my parents land this weekend hopefully I see the big boy! Congrats again!

Nice but kinda sparse on info...............How deep, Down speed, Troll direction, Flasher/fly ?

Sorta Bitter sweet to have it all over in such a short time . I would never turn down a trophy after 5 min .in the stand , but one of my loves of hunting is to "Just Be There"..

Great job , and well deserved for "One Of New York's Finest !!!!!

Thanks For What You Do Sir!

Ray K.

Thanks Ray, I went back to fix blades this year and dumped the two blade rages. After shooting lots of different heads I settled on Montec G5 an Slick Trick 100 standard's. Hit him with the slick trick and it was over. I still got lots of big bucks to call in for family once the rut starts, and a big one in PA with my name on it.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png