Arch Manufacturer

Just Fishin'

Looking for an arch to put on a 21 foot Wellcraft. Want to have rocket launchers and cockpit lights across the top and a net holder and mount my planer reels on the sides. Atlantic Towers has a great product but I do not want the full depth (front to back) to mount a radar unit because it is just too bulky if not doing radar.

Anyone have any ideas where to look?

Glen, i'm in the process of researching radar arch manufacturers for my new boat and have found several that have received mostly positive reccomendations from lots of guys on boat sites that i lurk on.

Almost everyone who has a arch on their boat,loves them for their rocket launchers, radar, antennas, outriggers etc.

I got a price from atlantic towers out of NJ of approx $1200.00 for a tower for my 23' Seacraft that came with four gold rod holders,a radar mount,and three antenna mounting plates.Extra rod holders were around $80.00 each,and any other add ons are priced fairly high.

Several of the guys had favorite companies,and some preferred one over the other but all seemed to be rated decent.I found the pricing to vary widely depending on the maker.

Some makers use 1-1/4" tubing,and others use 2" tubing.I figure that it's going to run me in the vicinity of $1400.00 to $1600.00.

I also thought about doing it myself,as a friend of mine is a good welder with aluminum,but unfortunately his co. won't allow him to do it at work,so by the time i buy the tubing,and rent the welder with the water cooled torch and with the foot pedal,and all the other stuff,i decided to buy the tower.

I figure that i've taken a lot of time to do all the glass work,and every other piece of restoration on this boat myself,so i've saved lots of money.Why not buy a professionally made tower that will be structurally strong,and look nice.

The following companies all see to make quality stuff from those i've talked too.

www.boattowers.com

www.pipedreamsmarine.com

www.atlantictowers.com

www.ttops.com

Also a place called marine metal fabricators in Barrington Rhode Island,made an awesome tower for a boat like mine that i saw on Cape Cod.I'm going to check them out also.

Check out the Great Lakes Planers website before you do. That stuff is really rugged and Half the cost as quoted above. I met the guy last year at one of the shows I do and was impressed with his stuff. He uses all 2in tubing. Last year he had a ten rod arch with a net holder on each side for 400.00. that comes with everything you need to Bolt on. A friend of mine bought this and has been really happy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...