Ice fishing

xcal

I was wondering if the stores in the Syracuse, Rochester, Watertown area, such as Gander Mtn, Bass Pro, Dick's have started to put out ice fishing stock yet? Was planning to head down next weekend .

xcal

Im still chasing walleye's with waders and dont want to start thinking about sitting on a pail and looking at holes in the ice for hours but sad to say ice fishing is almost here. Bass Pro has it all set up and ready to go. The Gander in Cicero has thier stuff "around" but like most of thier other stuff you have to hunt and peck to find it.

If you want to plan on ice fishing, consider Lakes Nipissing or Simcoe in Ontario.

Have fun getting over the boarder. I would rather fish Conesus, Honeoye, Canadice or I-bay. Close to home and awesome fishing.

If you want "ICE", these lakes come on line first. Lake Nipissing is good for walleye if you bring your GPS plotter on a snowmobile with a local chip showing all the shoals where the fishing is productive. Actually a plotter with local depths marked on it will help you find productive areas without having to punch in a hole to check the depth. So go down to your boat and get the plotter and mount it on your sled or ATV and get the edge on the other guys. Ice Shanty Ontario has local ice conditions for those lakes.