Best Flashers for 2012?

Plain Jane stock green glow chip w/#41 first light put it down keep it down, when you come in at night still keep it down, just keep it down

Could not agree more  :yes:   Plain old green chip has been bad ass forever, and still is. High sun killer for me was a PK Special chip.  Also, can never go wrong wit the Gator Spinney, Albino or chrome, depending on the light conditions.

• 1 month later...

I haven't caught much on a green dot this year either.  I've had 2 absolute studs this year from spring all through the summer, a Mountain Dew SD and Nuclear Green SD.  I've caught fish on other blades (both SD and chips), but those 2 have accounted for probably 80% of my flasher bites this year.

Tim

yea we have a mtn dew spinny on chart blade glow tape on the back that has been hot too.  what flys are you pairing them with?

The Mountain dew is a white blade and I have had that paired up with a green crinkle Howie Fly for years, the Nuclear Green with an A-Tom-Mik Hammer Fly.

I have a Chartreuse blade Dew and have caught some fish on it, but the white blade has always worked much better for me.

Tim

If you think that the Mtn Dew SD is a producer,(and it is, and we use those with a Big Weenie Butterface Glowtail) you ought to try a Reverse Eyeball Man UV plate, with an Atomick UV green glow.

We've run those in conjuction, so they have a choice, and 7 out of 10 times it is the UV plate that gets hit.

Just what we've seen over here on the east end.........

Green dot is normally a goto for me but I didn't pull fish on it last weekend fishing 32 hours over 3 days and I ran it early and late. I did however pull on Green Dot chrome. Nuclear Green pulled a couple big boys and NKB Dew Chrome did good, Livewire also pulled fish as did Showtime. During high sun I run color and chromes seems to get them fired up and they can see the flash when it's bright out, then glow during morning and evening hours. Mnt Dew on White Glow did really well too. I'm going to give the frog some time this weekend as well as Gator. 

If you think that the Mtn Dew SD is a producer,(and it is, and we use those with a Big Weenie Butterface Glowtail) you ought to try a Reverse Eyeball Man UV plate, with an Atomick UV green glow.

did you run the UV plate last year or the super glow plate? i remember you saying it was a hot rig tho